Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Came across a creative one

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think some one has been creative when I came across a MY with a MX style front "grille". It's quite a good job to be fair.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210701-131327~2.png
    Screenshot_20210701-131327~2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
There was another post a while back and I believe it was a sticker or PPF that they put on. I remember that the person was having problems with his radar was not working due to the decal.

@101dals I remember that one, it was a red MY, but I forget who posted it and I'm not sure what to search for to find it. But yes, it's definitely a decal.

@jjgg is that in a BC Ferries lineup?

Front plates? 😕
Here in Southern California, 70-80% of the Tesla’s don’t have front plates.

That is a cool look though.
California law requires front plates, but the count is 90% of ALL cars don't use them. The police sometimes ticket the lack of a plate mainly as an add on to another infraction, or as something to ticket if they can't find any other reason. I looked like I was speeding, but they didn't have proof, and the officer walked up to the front to check for plates. I had them, and I smiled as I told him I knew what he was doing. We had a nice visit, and no ticket.

Reactions: cancoi
California law requires front plates, but the count is 90% of ALL cars don't use them. The police sometimes ticket the lack of a plate mainly as an add on to another infraction, or as something to ticket if they can't find any other reason. I looked like I was speeding, but they didn't have proof, and the officer walked up to the front to check for plates. I had them, and I smiled as I told him I knew what he was doing. We had a nice visit, and no ticket.

Depends on the city. In parts of LA, Santa Monica, San Bernardino and some other cities, you'll come back to your parked car to find a ticket under the wipers for no front plate.

@RedWhite19 here in BC they are unfortunately required, so most of us roll with them to avoid hassle. [OP is also from Vancouver area.]
Lol, they are required here in California too:
CVC 5200 states:

“(a) When two license plates are issued by the department for use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.

(b) When only one license plate is issued for use upon a vehicle, it shall be attached to the rear thereof, unless the license plate is issued for use upon a truck tractor, in which case the license plate shall be displayed in accordance with Section 4850.5.”

BUT.. none of us put them on. Very rarely have I been popped for it (I think twice in the past 15 years/5 cars?) and it’s just a simple $30 “fix it” ticket. To make it even better, my buddy at CHP takes $20 (beer money) and he just stamps the “violation” as corrected. Now that I mention it, I wonder if he still does it…. Front plates are excessive in my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Lol, they are required here in California too:
CVC 5200 states:

“(a) When two license plates are issued by the department for use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.

(b) When only one license plate is issued for use upon a vehicle, it shall be attached to the rear thereof, unless the license plate is issued for use upon a truck tractor, in which case the license plate shall be displayed in accordance with Section 4850.5.”

BUT.. none of us put them on. Very rarely have I been popped for it (I think twice in the past 15 years/5 cars?) and it’s just a simple $30 “fix it” ticket. To make it even better, my buddy at CHP takes $20 (beer money) and he just stamps the “violation” as corrected. Now that I mention it, I wonder if he still does it…. Front plates are excessive in my opinion.
I guess Canadians are usually nicer, even to the authorities? Most of the time I see the few rebellious drivers without a front license plate on the bumper here, they display that plate on the dash like a parking receipt.

• Funny
Reactions: angus[Y]oung