Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Came Back to Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is something about waking up to a "fully" charged car each morning, not having to go to a gas station, and the instant torque cannot be beat. I also love the stereo system in Teslas. Oh, and I love autopilot.

Having said that, I do "need" the visceral experience of my 6 speed manual sports car on the weekends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I sent a message to confirm that mine has the new headlights, console, and the 82 kwh battery. I was told it was actually in transit from California to Texas and they would let me know once it arrives at the store.

John

You & I sound a lot alike. I am very much an “acceleration junkie” which is why my main 2 passions/hobbies are sports cars and theme parks/coasters. I love that Tesla instant torque/linear power band, Tesla Autopilot and Tesla stereo systems. As good as the Bose premium sound systems have been on my late model Porsches, they have nothing on Tesla’s sound systems (which are all produced in-house, BTW).

I’ve got a list of things to check for when I take delivery on Saturday including which center console I have, heated steering wheel, battery size, etc. Whatever I wind up with, I wind up with but my engineering mind needs to know what I have regardless.

So, I’m going to guess one of the first things that you are going to be doing once you take delivery of your Model Y is purchasing Acceleration Boost? I know I will be!

Andrew

Reactions: Justicepool
You & I sound a lot alike. I am very much an “acceleration junkie” which is why my main 2 passions/hobbies are sports cars and theme parks/coasters. I love that Tesla instant torque/linear power band, Tesla Autopilot and Tesla stereo systems. As good as the Bose premium sound systems have been on my late model Porsches, they have nothing on Tesla’s sound systems (which are all produced in-house, BTW).

I’ve got a list of things to check for when I take delivery on Saturday including which center console I have, heated steering wheel, battery size, etc. Whatever I wind up with, I wind up with but my engineering mind needs to know what I have regardless.

So, I’m going to guess one of the first things that you are going to be doing once you take delivery of your Model Y is purchasing Acceleration Boost? I know I will be!

Andrew

Yes for sure, I'll purchase the acceleration boost as soon as possible. I've already ordered the home link kit. I thought it would be done via software update but I received a fedex tracking number for something related to it? Who knows.

I also want to purchase the old style key fobs. Is that what you got? I like those fobs.

Yes, the stereo system is really, really good. I love it.

Look forward to hearing about your pickup on Saturday. I'll update as soon as I receive word on my requests. I picked up my 2020 Model X performance on 12/28/2019 and just missed out on an increased range battery by a couple of weeks. So, I'm for sure waiting for the 82kw battery. Since it went into the Model 3 back in November it should show up in the Model Y sooner rather than later.

John

• Love
Reactions: dreamwave6
Yes for sure, I'll purchase the acceleration boost as soon as possible. I've already ordered the home link kit. I thought it would be done via software update but I received a fedex tracking number for something related to it? Who knows.

I also want to purchase the old style key fobs. Is that what you got? I like those fobs.

Yes, the stereo system is really, really good. I love it.

Look forward to hearing about your pickup on Saturday. I'll update as soon as I receive word on my requests. I picked up my 2020 Model X performance on 12/28/2019 and just missed out on an increased range battery by a couple of weeks. So, I'm for sure waiting for the 82kw battery. Since it went into the Model 3 back in November it should show up in the Model Y sooner rather than later.

John

Yup, I’m definitely getting the Acceleration Boost on delivery day. Stock, my Model Y LR is slightly faster than my Model X 90D was when I had it. With the Acceleration Boost added, my Model Y will be the fastest car I’ve ever owned. Perfect for an acceleration junkie like me!

I also ordered the Homelink kit. It is a hardware module, not just software. It should come in by Friday. I’m hoping to get my Delivery Speicalist to grab a service tech and get it installed during my delivery as it only takes 10-15 minutes. Absent of that, I will schedule a mobile tech service appointment to get it installed.

Yes, I got (2) of the old style key FOBs from the Tesla Shop. They are the latest version which support passive entry:
Model 3/Y Key Fob

Sure, I can use my iPhone as a key but I’m a traditionalist and love having FOBs. I really like the Tesla ones as they, like modern Porsche FOBs, are shaped like the vehicles that they are for. Super fun. My FOBs came in today (one for me and one for my husband). I already got mine installed in the FOB pocket I just bought from Abstract Ocean...in Blue, of course, to match that beautiful Deep Blue Metallic of my Model Y:
Metallic Shine FobPockets for Model 3 & Y

Yes, please keep me updated. I will, likewise, post to this thread once my delivery is complete on Saturday.

Exciting and fun times!

Andrew

There is something about waking up to a "fully" charged car each morning, not having to go to a gas station, and the instant torque cannot be beat. I also love the stereo system in Teslas. Oh, and I love autopilot.

Having said that, I do "need" the visceral experience of my 6 speed manual sports car on the weekends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I sent a message to confirm that mine has the new headlights, console, and the 82 kwh battery. I was told it was actually in transit from California to Texas and they would let me know once it arrives at the store.

John
That’s what will make letting go of my BMW convertible so hard. I love the inline six and the six speed manual. But it seems so slow and primitive now.

I have kept my V8 convertible 'fun' car for the summer - it's currently sitting in the garage awaiting the finer weather. It will be interesting to see how much I use it since buying my Tesla in December ... the Tesla is certainly an easy car to own, but it feels more like an appliance than a car. My 3rd car is a Range Rover that I have not used since buying the Tesla. It's the size of a provincial library and, here in the UK, costs as much as a decent bottle of 1985 Bordeaux to fill up with dead dinosaurs. But I do feel ahead of the curve by owning an EV given the world is heading our way.

• Love
I know when I got my first Tesla a (2014 Tesla Model S P85) it was all I drove and soooo much fun. However, after awhile I missed the "visceral" feeling of driving my sports cars. I've always had a manual transmission convertible sports car. This is my third Tesla, and in between I have tried a plethora of other daily drivers (Audi, Porsche, Lexus) and after having the instant torque and other driving characteristics of a Tesla those other options just fall short. Truth be told I prefer the styling characteristics of the Audi E-tron. However, the Tesla wins on tech, range, price, and supercharger network. I pick my Model Y up on 2/27!

• Love
I have kept my V8 convertible 'fun' car for the summer - it's currently sitting in the garage awaiting the finer weather. It will be interesting to see how much I use it since buying my Tesla in December ... the Tesla is certainly an easy car to own, but it feels more like an appliance than a car. My 3rd car is a Range Rover that I have not used since buying the Tesla. It's the size of a provincial library and, here in the UK, costs as much as a decent bottle of 1985 Bordeaux to fill up with dead dinosaurs. But I do feel ahead of the curve by owning an EV given the world is heading our way.

Same situation here, but I know I'll drive my convertible during good weather. My bride has a Range Rover and I have not been able to convert her to EV's and don't see that happening anytime in the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Funny
I know when I got my first Tesla a (2014 Tesla Model S P85) it was all I drove and soooo much fun. However, after awhile I missed the "visceral" feeling of driving my sports cars. I've always had a manual transmission convertible sports car. This is my third Tesla, and in between I have tried a plethora of other daily drivers (Audi, Porsche, Lexus) and after having the instant torque and other driving characteristics of a Tesla those other options just fall short. Truth be told I prefer the styling characteristics of the Audi E-tron. However, the Tesla wins on tech, range, price, and supercharger network. I pick my Model Y up on 2/27!

One thing I do wish for is that more reasonably priced (sub 6-figure) convertible EVs were on the market. That being said, it sounds like a 2021/2022 Roadster is in your future, huh?

One thing I do wish for is that more reasonably priced (sub 6-figure) convertible EVs were on the market. That being said, it sounds like a 2021/2022 Roadster is in your future, huh?

The roadster is tempting, but for now I still enjoy going through the gears as one would say. That's the reason I sold my most recent Ferrari (no manual transmission). My first Ferrari had a gated manual (huge mistake selling that one).

I would say a Roadster is in my future....probably within the next 5 years.

John

The roadster is tempting, but for now I still enjoy going through the gears as one would say. That's the reason I sold my most recent Ferrari (no manual transmission). My first Ferrari had a gated manual (huge mistake selling that one).

I would say a Roadster is in my future....probably within the next 5 years.

John

Totally makes sense. Sure, driving stick is fun but acceleration/handling are much more important to me. I actually prefer modern dual-clutch transmissions (and EVs, of course) because they can accelerate more efficiently/reliably. With manuals, you have to get your timing just right for optimal acceleration.

Yup, I’m definitely getting the Acceleration Boost on delivery day. Stock, my Model Y LR is slightly faster than my Model X 90D was when I had it. With the Acceleration Boost added, my Model Y will be the fastest car I’ve ever owned. Perfect for an acceleration junkie like me!

I also ordered the Homelink kit. It is a hardware module, not just software. It should come in by Friday. I’m hoping to get my Delivery Speicalist to grab a service tech and get it installed during my delivery as it only takes 10-15 minutes. Absent of that, I will schedule a mobile tech service appointment to get it installed.

Yes, I got (2) of the old style key FOBs from the Tesla Shop. They are the latest version which support passive entry:
Model 3/Y Key Fob

Sure, I can use my iPhone as a key but I’m a traditionalist and love having FOBs. I really like the Tesla ones as they, like modern Porsche FOBs, are shaped like the vehicles that they are for. Super fun. My FOBs came in today (one for me and one for my husband). I already got mine installed in the FOB pocket I just bought from Abstract Ocean...in Blue, of course, to match that beautiful Deep Blue Metallic of my Model Y:
Metallic Shine FobPockets for Model 3 & Y

Yes, please keep me updated. I will, likewise, post to this thread once my delivery is complete on Saturday.

Exciting and fun times!

Andrew

@Justicepool Delivery went great yesterday. I went through the entire Model Y delivery checklist before marking my car as delivered. Took me about 1.5 hrs to go through it. No issues discovered whatsoever! My car has the Old Center Console (which I am going to be covering with Abstract Ocean’s ABS Carbon Fiber covers), Heated Steering Wheel, Old Headlights, No HEPA. I LOVE this car! Using Navigate on Autopilot yesterday for the first time was mind blowing!

@Justicepool Delivery went great yesterday. I went through the entire Model Y delivery checklist before marking my car as delivered. Took me about 1.5 hrs to go through it. No issues discovered whatsoever! My car has the Old Center Console (which I am going to be covering with Abstract Ocean’s ABS Carbon Fiber covers), Heated Steering Wheel, Old Headlights, No HEPA. I LOVE this car! Using Navigate on Autopilot yesterday for the first time was mind blowing!

That's great! I'm glad everything went well for you. I pick mine up this coming Saturday! I miss Autopilot!

• Love