Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera and navigation issues with 2022.44.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon after upgrading to 2022.44.2, we began having problems with in-car camera views, navigation, and autopilot. The vehicle is a 2020 Model Y Dual Motor w/o FSD. Here are our symptoms: On the first drive after the upgrade, which was about 5 miles, I got a message that lane keeping was disabled (I wasn't using it at the time). A few hours later, my wife took it for a 2+ hour drive and all autopilot and cruise control features were disabled. When she stopped at her first supercharging destination (Bastrop, TX), the navigation froze. As of now (2 days after the charge in Bastrop), the vehicle still reports that it is parked in Bastrop even though it has driven hundreds of miles since then. The display remains in daytime mode even when it's dark out. Other fundamental driving functions remain operative including speedometer, automatic headlamp control, turn signals, brake lights, state of charge indicators. I've restarted the UI twice. This same set of symptoms happened when my wife was driving the same route (Houston-Austin-Houston) on Nov 1. That was also following an upgrade but I don't recall the version. In that case, another upgrade was available within about 48 hours that appeared to be an emergency patch since it had the same release # and it listed the same features as the previous upgrade. Between that patch on about Nov 3 and the 2022.44.2 upgrade, everything was working fine.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

I’m on that version with no issues. I would try doing a power down and restart.
I powered down yesterday, but according to a few posts I read, I think I woke it up too early. I tried again just now and waited a full 8 minutes while the car made a variety of humming sounds. I thought it may have successfully reset the location when it honked and folded the mirrors, but alas, when it woke up it still thought it was in Bastrop (it's actually in my garage in Houston). I drove it around the block to give it a chance to acquire GPS satellites, but that didn't help. It also thinks all of the cameras are dead. I'll wait a few days and see if we get another software update. If not, I guess I'll be making a service appointment.

Soon after upgrading to 2022.44.2, we began having problems with in-car camera views, navigation, and autopilot. The vehicle is a 2020 Model Y Dual Motor w/o FSD. Here are our symptoms: On the first drive after the upgrade, which was about 5 miles, I got a message that lane keeping was disabled (I wasn't using it at the time). A few hours later, my wife took it for a 2+ hour drive and all autopilot and cruise control features were disabled. When she stopped at her first supercharging destination (Bastrop, TX), the navigation froze. As of now (2 days after the charge in Bastrop), the vehicle still reports that it is parked in Bastrop even though it has driven hundreds of miles since then. The display remains in daytime mode even when it's dark out. Other fundamental driving functions remain operative including speedometer, automatic headlamp control, turn signals, brake lights, state of charge indicators. I've restarted the UI twice. This same set of symptoms happened when my wife was driving the same route (Houston-Austin-Houston) on Nov 1. That was also following an upgrade but I don't recall the version. In that case, another upgrade was available within about 48 hours that appeared to be an emergency patch since it had the same release # and it listed the same features as the previous upgrade. Between that patch on about Nov 3 and the 2022.44.2 upgrade, everything was working fine.

Having exactly the same issue on 3LR on the UK. Cameras and GPS no longer work a few days after 2022.44.2, got a service call in so will see what they say, did you get it fixed?

I‘ve the same issue with my MIC Model Y in Germany. It‘s a November 2021 model and I’ve tried all possible methods of resetting including reinstalling 2022.44.2. I haven’t tried a hard reset (disconnecting HV and 12 volt batteries) which I‘ll leave to the Service Center with whom I have an appointment tomorrow. Let’s see what they find

I‘ve the same issue with my MIC Model Y in Germany. It‘s a November 2021 model and I’ve tried all possible methods of resetting including reinstalling 2022.44.2. I haven’t tried a hard reset (disconnecting HV and 12 volt batteries) which I‘ll leave to the Service Center with whom I have an appointment tomorrow. Let’s see what they find
My 3 LR is Dec 2021 MIC also. Tried the resets with no luck. With there being more of us with the issue It’s got to be the update. My appointment is Wednesday so I will be very interested in how yours goes today.

My 3 LR is Dec 2021 MIC also. Tried the resets with no luck. With there being more of us with the issue It’s got to be the update. My appointment is Wednesday so I will be very interested in how yours goes today.
The Service Centre has been diagnosing my Model Y for the past 5 hours and I’m still waiting. They‘re either incompetent or it’s complicated

SeC is apparently still in the process of diagnosing my MY after over 24 hours. This is my first visit to a Tesla SeC. Is this normal?
Mine is a mobile appointment so that’s going to be fun. Not sure if 24hrs is normal for SeC but surely it’s an update issue, unless there are some dodgy components that were used that Tesla software devs were not aware of. That would be equally surprising. Will post an update tomorrow.

Mine is a mobile appointment so that’s going to be fun. Not sure if 24hrs is normal for SeC but surely it’s an update issue, unless there are some dodgy components that were used that Tesla software devs were not aware of. That would be equally surprising. Will post an update tomorrow.
I‘ve just received a message saying that parts have been ordered. No info up to now on what parts need to be replaced

I‘ve just received a message saying that parts have been ordered. No info up to now on what parts need to be replaced
Just received a phone call saying that it’s not a software problem and that the car computer needs to be replaced.
Thanks for the updates, wow I didn’t expect that to be the problem! That’s really good info thanks again. My appointment is this afternoon, will keep you updated.

OK, so I appear to have been fortunate as it’s fixed. He did 2 hard resets timed with an DAS reset and then re flashed the firmware. It appears that the previous update did not fully complete as the DAS was not responding correctly. It then got in a loop. He said that if that hadn’t worked it would have had to go in for a parts change.

Just received a phone call saying that it’s not a software problem and that the car computer needs to be replaced.
Same for me. Tesla replaced the computer and the symptoms appear to be gone. I lost user profiles and all phones had to be repaired (that is, paired again). That turned out to be problematic as my wife picked up the car from the service center and then locked her keys and phone inside the car a few miles down the road. She assumed I could unlock it remotely but I could not. She was not pleased.

I figure there are many IC chips on this car, so I'm not sure exactly sure what "the computer" means, but it was definitely a component that provided camera and navigation processing. Part number on invoice was "TLA,AP3.2.CAR.COMPANY,NY,NA - PROVISIONED(1775000-S0-L)". I'm glad it was under warranty as I expect this is not a cheap and well documented process for DIYers.

Reactions: Raas and Probo