Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera colour reproduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have searched but not found though.

Is there a way to correct the camera colour reproduction? My front camera is fine, but the side cameras show red as orange. I’ve checked to see if there is a plastic cover, but can’t see one, certainly don’t want to scratch the camera trying to remove a non-existent cover.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
There was an update at some point iirc but I think we will have it on all UK Model 3's.If its anything like the rear one, the cast seems to be software controlled, possibly to optimise Autopilot. Any visuals are secondary to their primary purpose of sensors for autopilot.

I had assumed the camera/lens was optimised for landmark / object detection / light conditions hence they can’t improve colour reproduction on screen even if they wanted to.

I was always surprised that when people made websites to play sentry footage someone didn’t work out & build the right colour correction filter for replay.

Viewed trip info earlier, colour rendering "within tolerance" (clever that car knew we were in a Sainsburys car park)

IMG_3298.jpeg

Reactions: Crafty flower