Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera condensation - expected or service call ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems there is some condensation in my left pillar camera housing.
Is this expected ? Should I call service ?
Also has the message that the camera is blinded.
See pic.

Attachments

• 9FCF05A5-A7DA-4CEB-9A2D-6139BD1ABE40.jpeg
    9FCF05A5-A7DA-4CEB-9A2D-6139BD1ABE40.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 124
Bumping this thread, since I’ve been having the same issue and wondering if is normal. I’ve had my Y since March, but it’s only been the past few weeks I have noticed a problem. I will generally see a left or right “pillar camera blocked or blinded” when driving in the morning, always on the sun facing side of the car. When I check the camera, it has condensation exactly as pictured by the OP.

Bay Area weather is cold and wet right now, so maybe this is why I am only seeing this issue. Do other drivers experience this? Anything I can do to resolve it?

Direct sunlight on either side will cause the pillar camera to fail temporarily.

Moisture inside? I've never had that, in 42k miles, but I'm garaged, car doesn't sit out and endure temp/humidity extremes.

Reactions: pepperoni
Direct sunlight on either side will cause the pillar camera to fail temporarily.

Moisture inside? I've never had that, in 42k miles, but I'm garaged, car doesn't sit out and endure temp/humidity extremes.
Thanks for confirming. I will stop being concerned about it then. And as for condensation on the inside glass of the pillar camera, all I can say is that this is new for me too (seen on both sides of the car) and appears correlated to the loss of those cameras under direct sunlight. I garage my car too, and yet the condensation still appears. I think it happens after the car gets wet from the rain. I’m hoping and half expect both issues to go away once rainy season ends here.

Seems to be more pronounced this time of year when the sun is low on the horizon
...which makes perfect sense, as the sun is directly opposite the camera lens.

pepperoni: IMHO, the condensation isn't from "rain", but rather temperature differential. It's unlikely that BOTH your camera pillars have developed leaks, and more likely it's the range of temps you're experiencing.