Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera falls off - would you notify customer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car back today from the Houston service center, and found my dashcam in the floorboard. It had been attached to the windshield when I gave them the car. I'm not so bothered by it coming off as I am that they gave me the car back without mentioning it. Interested in others opinions on this - should they have said something? I personally would have called the customer when it happened - "Hello, sorry but your dashcam fell off the windsheild, just wanted to let you know" - something like that. Is it common courtesy? Or should they have just ignored it like they did? :confused:

Update, sorry I left this part out - I went back in when I found my camera in the floor and asked them about it. Their response was "yes, your camera fell off. What did you put it up with? You should go to an auto store and get the special glue they make for mirrors."

Last edited:
I got my car back today from the Houston service center, and found my dashcam in the floorboard. It had been attached to the windshield when I gave them the car. I'm not so bothered by it coming off as I am that they gave me the car back without mentioning it. Interested in others opinions on this - should they have said something? I personally would have called the customer when it happened - "Hello, sorry but your dashcam fell off the windsheild, just wanted to let you know" - something like that. Is it common courtesy? Or should they have just ignored it like they did? :confused:
Are you sure they noticed it? Are you sure it didn't happen after they worked on your car, while it was parked and waiting for you?