Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera upgrade required before FSD for 2016 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a December 2016 MS and I had purchased FSD and upgraded to MCU2 and HW3 last year and requested FSD beta a month ago. My safety score is 100. I just contacted Tesla online support asking when I’ll be getting the FSD beta software and was told that Tesla just decided that cars similar to mine need camera upgrade before they can use the FSD beta software.

Anyone heard of this?

I have a December 2016 MS and I had purchased FSD and upgraded to MCU2 and HW3 last year and requested FSD beta a month ago. My safety score is 100. I just contacted Tesla online support asking when I’ll be getting the FSD beta software and was told that Tesla just decided that cars similar to mine need camera upgrade before they can use the FSD beta software.

Anyone heard of this?
Yes this sucks IMO, I too bought FSD in 2016, upgraded to MCU2 (at $1500 price). Have 99 safety score and nada to show for it. Four years and counting…. So much for giving any thoughts to your early purchasers Tesla!

I just got a message from Tesla that I can schedule a free camera upgrade. (Early 2017 Model X) No wonder I didn't get FSD Beta. (I originally thought that was the message I was getting). Turns out my service ticket from September is still open, so I have to get them to close that before I can schedule.

Darren

Anyone heard of this?
I am in the same boat. We will be first to get a camera retrofit

Anyone heard of this?
Same. We will be first to get camera retrofit this month 🙄

2017 P100D with MCU2 and HW3 upgrade already installed.

My camera upgrade is scheduled for Friday December 3rd. Waiting on the triple camera. Apparently they have the side cameras in stock.
I am also in Florida (WPB is my SC). Where is your‘s being done? I have a 100 SS. It sounds like our upgrades are identical. What magic were you able to work (how did you get it done)?

I am also in Florida (WPB is my SC). Where is your‘s being done? I have a 100 SS. It sounds like our upgrades are identical. What magic were you able to work (how did you get it done)?
Long story. I live in the Tampa area. The Tesla APP on the 9th of November only showed Sarasota as being available. I initially took the appointment slot in Sarasota on November 16th even though I usually take the car to Tampa. They moved it to November 18th and then to November 30th. At that time I shifted to a Tampa appointment on November 22 which became available. I have five cars so I left it at the service center and told them to let me know when to pick it up. The gal at the service center stated that they are waiting on the triple camera and as far as she knew my car was the first one in Tampa. I assumed that they would have it done in the next few days so Friday December 3rd is no big deal. And lastly I have had nothing but positive experiences with the Tampa service center. Great people over there.

A couple of additional points. In the beginning Sarasota was the only location in the state that had appointments for camera upgrades. The Tampa slots appeared several days later.

My manufacture date is February 2017. It currently has AP 2.0 cameras.

Picked the car up from the Tampa SC today right on schedule. Got the camera upgrade.

Gal said three items of interest.

1.) My vehicle was the first one to be done at the Tampa SC.
2.) There were several other cars waiting for parts.
3.) The reason for the delay is that the triple camera is not included in the kit and needs to be ordered separately.

For those that may be interested the part number for the triple camera is 1120520-00-B.

Overall great work once again by the Tampa SC.

Reactions: pilotSteve