Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera upgrade required before FSD for 2016 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 P100D with MCU2 and HW3 upgrade already installed.

My camera upgrade is scheduled for Friday December 3rd. Waiting on the triple camera. Apparently they have the side cameras in stock.
I got my camera upgrade the Wednesday before thanksgiving. One of the first to get it. I still don’t have the beta installed. Confused and upsetting, everyday I drive I run the risk of lowering my score. Has anyone gotten the camera upgrade and the beta installed?

I'm in PA, near Philadelphia. Late 2016 Model S 75D. Upgraded to HW3 and MCU 2 a while ago. Got my camera upgrade today. My safety score reset this morning - actually before the technician got here to install the cameras. Now calibrating, so we'll see....

Reactions: Fiddler
For those that are anxiously waiting for their camera upgrade it appears as though updating the cameras does not provide you with entry into the FSD beta program. I am not aware of anyone (including myself) at this point that has had the camera update and received the beta software regardless of the safety score.

Perhaps the plan is to enable the capability at some later date.

Reactions: JoePed
Got the camera upgrade for my 17MS75D. Been 2 months. I’m being told many folks like myself who get the cameras upgraded don’t get beta because the cameras installed are wrong. This is a new issue.

My tripple camera needs to be replaced, right pillar and left repeater: they are insisting what they installed is correct but other customers with the same build had different cameras and they have beta. Once they roll out FSD city I won’t get it because the cameras are wrong

Tripple should be: 1120520-00-B, they installed 1089531-00-C (wrong one)

Right pillar: 1092307-00-G, they installed 1092307-00-E (wrong one)

Left pillar installed: 1092306-00-G (ok)

Right repeater: 1642011-00-A (ok)

Left repeater should be: 1642010-00-A, they installed 1034344-00-B (wrong one)

I got the upgraded cameras on Jan 3. When in reverse (which is the only time I can view the repeater camera video), the picture is very jerky and freezes. Based upon the above, I may have one wrong repeater camera (I have the same correct Triple Camera, but my Pillar cameras are completely different parts numbers). I have contacted my SC.

Reactions: JoePed
For those that are anxiously waiting for their camera upgrade it appears as though updating the cameras does not provide you with entry into the FSD beta program. I am not aware of anyone (including myself) at this point that has had the camera update and received the beta software regardless of the safety score.

Perhaps the plan is to enable the capability at some later date.
I know someone who has. They installed the wrong cameras, changed them, 1wk later he got beta

Picked the car up from the Tampa SC today right on schedule. Got the camera upgrade.

Gal said three items of interest.

1.) My vehicle was the first one to be done at the Tampa SC.
2.) There were several other cars waiting for parts.
3.) The reason for the delay is that the triple camera is not included in the kit and needs to be ordered separately.

For those that may be interested the part number for the triple camera is 1120520-00-B.

Overall great work once again by the Tampa SC.
How long does it take to do the upgrade thanks.

Got the camera upgrade for my 17MS75D. Been 2 months. I’m being told many folks like myself who get the cameras upgraded don’t get beta because the cameras installed are wrong. This is a new issue.

My tripple camera needs to be replaced, right pillar and left repeater: they are insisting what they installed is correct but other customers with the same build had different cameras and they have beta. Once they roll out FSD city I won’t get it because the cameras are wrong

Tripple should be: 1120520-00-B, they installed 1089531-00-C (wrong one)

Right pillar: 1092307-00-G, they installed 1092307-00-E (wrong one)

Left pillar installed: 1092306-00-G (ok)

Right repeater: 1642011-00-A (ok)

Left repeater should be: 1642010-00-A, they installed 1034344-00-B (wrong one)
This was SUPER helpful. Based upon this info, I contacted my Service Center.

Tesla confirmed I had one wrong repeater. However, they believe my Pillar Cameras are correct: Right -
1092312-98-F and Left -
1092311-98-F

I have 2017 MS MCU 2. HW3. With safety score of 100 Just got the invite today for camera upgrade 1.18.22 schedule the mobile service appointment for 1.20.22 here in MI, thanks all of you for the info you guys provided. I will post back to let you know how it went
I have a update from my SC now they pushed my service appointment to 2.3.22, they don’t have the cameras need to be ordered

Reactions: Michelx
Just had mobile come out and swap the incorrect passenger side Repeater (based on the info here - thanks!). After they put in the correct camera, it corrected the laggy/freezing views I got from the Repeaters when in reverse (which is the only time I see them). So if the image you see on your Repeater cameras is not smooth, an incorrect part could be the issue.

Since the earlier parts numbers were based upon an MS, here is what my MX (2017) received:

Triple Rearview Camera should be: 1120520-00-B

Repeaters:
Right:1642011-00-A
Left: 1642010-00-A

Pillar Cameras - which Tesla has informed me are correct (after I complained about the incorrect Repeater):
Right: 1092312-98-F
Left: 1092311-98-F
Since this pillar piece is a different size on the MX from the MS, it is a different part number (than the earlier parts listed). I am hoping these are correct. If there is anyone with an MX and has received the upgradead cameras AND Beta, please confirm which Pillar Camera parts numbers you received.

Reactions: Michelx
Just had mobile come out and swap the incorrect passenger side Repeater (based on the info here - thanks!). After they put in the correct camera, it corrected the laggy/freezing views I got from the Repeaters when in reverse (which is the only time I see them). So if the image you see on your Repeater cameras is not smooth, an incorrect part could be the issue.

Since the earlier parts numbers were based upon an MS, here is what my MX (2017) received:

Triple Rearview Camera should be: 1120520-00-B

Repeaters:
Right:1642011-00-A
Left: 1642010-00-A

Pillar Cameras - which Tesla has informed me are correct (after I complained about the incorrect Repeater):
Right: 1092312-98-F
Left: 1092311-98-F
Since this pillar piece is a different size on the MX from the MS, it is a different part number (than the earlier parts listed). I am hoping these are correct. If there is anyone with an MX and has received the upgradead cameras AND Beta, please confirm which Pillar Camera parts numbers you received.
Nice, let us know when u get FSD beta

Reactions: Fiddler and Michelx