Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cameras replacing radar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they must be moving vision only into production when it starts up again. Funny no software update notes show this transition yet. Only cars built once production of the S starts up again will evidently not have radar. So all cars built prior to this February shutdown will still evidently have a radar installed, but no longer used. Maybe there will be no notification of its implementation.

So they must be moving vision only into production when it starts up again. Funny no software update notes show this transition yet. Only cars built once production of the S starts up again will evidently not have radar. So all cars built prior to this February shutdown will still evidently have a radar installed, but no longer used. Maybe there will be no notification of its implementation.
I have a M3, 2020, LR, and assume Ihave the Radar and camera. But the radar has been currently disabled?

I believe that is correct. If not by now during the transition period, I think all current cars will be vision-only when the code that integrated FSD Beta code with all current vehicles ( a single stack of code). This should be released by the end of the year as FSD version 11 on 2022.40.5.x or higher base code.

Reactions: Jane4
And if I don't have access to FSD Beta?
It is my understanding that when the FSD Beta code is integrated with the regular updates this month, that all cars will become vision-only. The code is being merged, so I don't think they would maintain and write code separately for the obsolete radar. When the HD radar is installed on new cars sometime next year, things will obviously change again, but unlikely they will add new code to support the obsolete radar in our cars now.

Reactions: Jane4
Jane4, why don't you check the Model 3 forum section and not the Model S section?
Unnecessary comment.
Screenshot_20221209_122240_Chrome.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Jane4 and Evee