Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camp mode HVAC woke me up several times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I just tried camp mode with my Y for the first time last night. It was great minus the fact that the HVAC system woke me up 3-4 times. Normally it was quiet, just the sound of the fan and some light air being pushed around. Enough to cool/heat the cabin. It was probably 50 degrees outside. Temp set to 70. But at around 12:30 am and a few times after that, the HVAC got going on full blast unnecessarily and woke me up. Can’t remember if it was heat or AC. Maybe just the fan on full speed. After about 5 minutes it would return to normal.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix? I wonder if my bed, blankets etc may have been blocking a temperature sensor. Does anyone know where the temp sensors are and if my theory makes sense?

thanks!

The cabin temperature sensor is up front by the Tesla's main screen. It could be that the cabin moisture sensor detected high humidity and was running the AC at a higher fan speed to lower the humidity. The next time you go camping try setting the fan speed manually to a lower setting that you find comfortable, not too loud and see if that helps.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Upvote 0