Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camp mode temperature range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: how do I request a software change?
Specifically, I would like to be able to specify a temperature range for camp mode, instead of a specific single temperature the hvac should target. Right now you set the environmental controls to a single temperature and it heats/cools to get there. It would consume a lot less energy if I could set the HVAC to heat if cabin temp falls below, for example 55degF, and to cool if the cabin gets warmer than, for example 80degF. In the interest of saving energy some people may tolerate a wider range than others.
Also, it may still be 70degF when I go to sleep, but I do not want the cabin temp falling below (for example) 60degF depending upon how many blankets/sleeping bags I have. But I can't set it to 60degF without it rapidly trying to cool to that temperature.
This should be a simple software mod which would make camp mode more useful and consume less battery.
Bonus points if the fan speeds change very gradually so as not to wake the occupants.

Sorry just don’t see Why you would want it different. Going from 80 to 50 up and down all night and the fans needing to turn at Max to thrust the temp continuously seems backward. Set comfortable temp and leave it alone. Definitely uses more power with your wish also. Hoping your request goes unanswered.