TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Campaign for Tesla Statue in Palo Alto, California

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Owner, May 4, 2013.

1. Owner

Owner Active Member

This project will place a life-size bronze statue of Nikola Tesla in Palo Alto, California near California Avenue in the heart of the Silicon Valley. A preliminary model of the Tesla Statue has been created and once finalized will be casted and installed in open public view later this year.

From the photos, I am guessing this statue is near the building that has the Bank of America ATMs, which is about a mile away from Tesla headquarters.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dorrian/a-statue-of-nikola-tesla-in-the-silicon-valley

2. Elshout

Elshout Member

I donated $350 which will also result in delivery to me of a 3.1" cast bronze copy of the statute. Might even glue the statue to the front of the hood LOL. Nikola Tesla deserves to have a statute in Palo Alto!

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Oh, I thought we were already talking of a statue for Elon Musk (or, "St. Elon of Palo Alto" as one John Petersen labeled him) :tongue:

4. Soflason

Soflason Member

#4 Soflason, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  5. Owner

Owner Active Member

Statue is installed. A few more details on my blog.

teslastatue.jpg

6. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

I think the statue is few blocks from the Cal Ave./El Camino Real intersection and close to the Palo Alto Courthouse, not too far from the Page Mill underpass under Alma.

7. cultmusk

cultmusk Member

This is pretty amazing!
    Hope to drive up to Silicon Valley sometime next year! Definitely won't miss this :)