Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Campaign to reinstate Martin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malcolm,

Welcome to the conversation. I have to admit that I only just picked up on the relevance of your avatar (dead Muskrat, that's very clever of you!). I'm sure everyone else figured it out a long time ago. Sometimes I'm a little slow... :redface:

Anyway, to your points. You said:

"Martin stated that his time at the helm of TM would be temporary anyway."

You are right, I remember Martin saying something to that effect many moons ago, but I think that he made that comment before he was fully aware of the nature of the "wee beastie". I'm also pretty sure that he was not implying that he would be happy to be booted out of the company, but maybe we should ask him about that... Martin?

I also think that you are right about Martin's talents and interest. He would not be satisfied dealing with the tedium of supply chain management, production schedules, and labour unrest, but then again, that's what VPs are for, right?

One last thing. You said:

" The relevant (and contradictory) old sayings here are - "You can never go back" and "never say never"."

I like that. I think I'm going to call it "The Wilson Paradox"

All the best,

Chris H.

Michael,

Welcome. Thank you for joining the conversation. I believe that you made two very good points. When you said:

"I would agree that unless, and until, Martin actually speaks out on what his specific interest and goal is; that it would be best if we wait until then to provide whatever support he would like us to provide."

you are assuming that Martin has that luxury. He does not. He has to be very careful about what he says publicly because of the possibility of litigation from TM. Imagine being sued by the company you started, using some of the money that you invested... It's enough to make you want to rip your hair out.

Martin's biggest concern at this point (with this campaign) is that people might think that somehow he initiated it. For the record, he did not, I did. I did check with him though, to make sure he was OK with it. Martin is open and honest, and if he had started this campaign, or the conversation about the production sequence/VIN # fiasco, he would have the integrity to own up to it. That is in stark contrast to some other executives I could name (but will not due to liability issues). Who would you rather trust with your $100K deposit?

As to your second point:

"I don't believe there will be any swaying of Tesla Management except via investors or via customers making decisions based on their satisfaction, or lack thereof."

I DO believe that you have hit the nail on the head (once again). Also, don't forget that the Media is a powerful tool (although they do NOT like to be referred to as "tools", don't ask me why...). They love a good story though, and a hint of scandal.

All the best,

Chris H.

Dave,

Yes, it's amazing how people can speculate endlessly about an empty car lot on El Camino Real, but when it comes to speaking up in support of the person most responsible for bringing us the car that they're all salivating to drive, they suddenly have nothing to say...

Fear is the mind killer.

Chris H.

So, Martin. You're actually saying Musk would be narcissistic enough to get rid of the resident rock stars at Tesla so he could gain the spotlight?

Siry said the firings were merely "about accountability... if you don't get the job done, there are consequences." That would suggest you, Wally and the rest of the gang were performing your work poorly.

If we took a vote on which of the two scenarios above is likely to be the true one, I doubt the results would surprise me.

So, Martin. You're actually saying Musk would be narcissistic enough to get rid of the resident rock stars at Tesla so he could gain the spotlight?

Siry said the firings were merely "about accountability... if you don't get the job done, there are consequences." That would suggest you, Wally and the rest of the gang were performing your work poorly.

If we took a vote on which of the two scenarios above is likely to be the true one, I doubt the results would surprise me.
Ohm,

When I first read your post, I wasn't too sure which side you were coming down on. Then I saw another of your posts on ABG, and, of course, I googled "narcissistic personality disorder", and now I get it.

Speaking of accountability, I wonder which heads will roll over the current delays/revisions in deliveries?

Does anybody know how many of the Euro-spec Roadsters have been pre-sold?

All the best,

Chris H.

The rumours I heard in Oslo is that Ferdinand-Motor is engaged with the two people buying the US-spec Roadsters and they've sold or is finalizing about 10 of their alloted 25 Euro-Signature Ed. versions for 2009. I suppose it shouldn't be very different in Denmark. So that they've sold about 50 of them sounds very reasonable and that's for 2009 delivery.

Cobos

third type of leader: a leader who can both initiate a new project and then maintain the project effectively once it is up and running. A good example of this kind of leader is my neighbour, Mike Lazaridis. He started a little company called Research In Motion a few years back, when he developed push email technology. I haven't heard too much about him lately, but I think he's managing to keep the ship afloat...
Research In Motion
How ironically prophetic! :eek:

Woah.. really digging up the old threads there. I think that dude mentioned RIM because Martin was in some ads.

I saw Martin Eberhard in a advert for blueberry, has anyone else seen this?

Chapter Three: RIM's Promotional Discourse [Constant Connectivity in a Wireless Age]
pic11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.