Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camper- Will the Model Y sleep two?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you think?

Will the Model Y be able to sleep two persons with the rear seats (no 3rd row) folded down?

For the record, I have a Model S + Dreamcase and have spent at least a dozen nights in it with my partner. Very comfortably.

My first thought is that the Model S is wider and thus is better suited for the task...

What do you think?

Will the Model Y be able to sleep two persons with the rear seats (no 3rd row) folded down?

For the record, I have a Model S + Dreamcase and have spent at least a dozen nights in it with my partner. Very comfortably.

My first thought is that the Model S is wider and thus is better suited for the task...

For the Model 3, the inside "pass-through" between the two wheels and the floor to the rear window is 38" x 18". (width high)
There are more than 6 feet from the back bumper panel to the front seat.
However the new rear seats are a little bit thicker, thus the floor is not perfectly flat.

You might also check the Model 3 Dreamcase for additionals tips.

Here are some Model 3 related videos:

Note: I wonder if you traveled using some RV parking or Campgrounds and other camping spots
to recharge overnight (Using adapters such as NEMA TT-30 / 120 V 30 A)?

I plan travelling in the summer, so I am always looking for some travel info, such as:

California, here we come! (Road trip 2018 – epilogue)

i believe that the Y is just a 3 with a third row dug out of the trunk and a slightly higher roof line in the back to accommodate

similar to the 7 seater X to the 5 seater X. only difference is a 3rd row is added.

i guess it would be doable for those under 5 ft with both the 2nd and 3rd rows fold flat and front seats slid all the way forward

Now that the Model Y is out and about....any insight into how roomy it is for two to sleep inside? The best measure I have been able to dig up is the rear seat hiproom. Comparison to Model S: Model Y is less wide in rear seat hiproom.

Now that the Model Y is out and about....any insight into how roomy it is for two to sleep inside? The best measure I have been able to dig up is the rear seat hiproom. Comparison to Model S: Model Y is less wide in rear seat hiproom.
Thanks to Ryan Shaw we have all measurements.
Width 37 inches (0:55) and length 73-83 inches (5:40)
It will surely accommodate me and the missus comfortably-ish.

Yikes! 37" is only comfortable if you are trying to be pressed up against each other, which can be nice. But to sleep thru the night w/o waking the other I have problems doing that in our RV with a 54" wide bed. Guess we are just too used to our CalKing. The dog doesn't help us fit into a small bed. Individually the 54" bed is frickin' luxurious, and having a toilet in the RV is much nicer than wandering into a store in the middle of the night in your PJs to use theirs. But otherwise, the Tesla is very nice for sleeping individually and I have taken advantage many nights.