Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camping at Mohican State Park in a week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am going camping at Mohican State Park soon and I will be driving my Model S down. On their site they have electric sites and non electric sites. Are most state park electric sites just 110 outlets or would they be used for RV's ect. When i called the lady didnt know anything except that they are 50 amp (leads me to believe for RV)

Also, this will be my first time taking the S camping. I am considering sleeping in the S instead of in a tent. I know there are a lot of threads about camping in the S but obviously being my first trip i am a little nervous about it.

I have been looking online and trying to find best air mattress to fit that isn't too expensive so i can order that too. Any links welcome

Thanks! - Kevin

Hi,

I am going camping at Mohican State Park soon and I will be driving my Model S down. On their site they have electric sites and non electric sites. Are most state park electric sites just 110 outlets or would they be used for RV's ect. When i called the lady didnt know anything except that they are 50 amp (leads me to believe for RV)

Also, this will be my first time taking the S camping. I am considering sleeping in the S instead of in a tent. I know there are a lot of threads about camping in the S but obviously being my first trip i am a little nervous about it.

I have been looking online and trying to find best air mattress to fit that isn't too expensive so i can order that too. Any links welcome

Thanks! - Kevin

This link should help.

Camping with Model S: Some tips

What are the must have things for "Camping Mode" in Model S

We found many sites that also had 14-50R. We recently went camping near Sandusky, at East Harbor State Park. They had camping spots that were electric only. They had both 14-50R and 5-20R. The only issue was; I had to drop the charge rate down to about 24A - 32A, otherwise it kept tripping the breaker.

We chose to do tent camping on that trip, but we've also done Tesla camping, which is nice because we kept the climate system on. Word of advice, get some window blinds made for the S, or cut some out of cardboard. ;)

If you're unsure, just call ahead and ask them to take a picture of their hookups and send it to you. Worst case, you may need to make an adapter beforehand.