Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camping Locked Out

kaufitup

Jun 5, 2020
Las Vegas
in camp mode locked ouselves in car all great until we both went out back door to restroom at 1 am with no phone or wallet the car was LOCKED it did not remain unlocked as per normal when it knows Im out and phone or card remain in car we were in shock walked to nearest hotel in sleepwear with no ID nothing 40 degrees hotel front desk called Tesla roadside we were in national park they were able to unlock remotely after husband walked back with hotel attendants cell phone we are way seniors this was VERY dramatic 1 to 3 am
TSLA roadside with security questions saved us remote unlock

dailo

Jul 22, 2017
Bay Area
If you have your phone setup with Bluetooth key shouldn't the car always unlock if the phone is in the car? Unless that is disabled in camp mode or something.

Halpm3Pleas3

Mar 24, 2021
Orange County
I just got back from a week long camping trip at some National Parks and this was my EXACT fear. I always kept the physical key card (I also wear the Tesla ring) on top of the armrest when going to bed in the event that we 1. Opened the door in a daze, triggering the alarm; it allowed us to avoid trying to figure out how to shut off the alarm. 2. Grab the keycard whenever we had to go to the bathroom or walk the dogs.

kaufitup

Jun 5, 2020
Las Vegas
If you have your phone setup with Bluetooth key shouldn't the car always unlock if the phone is in the car? Unless that is disabled in camp mode or something.
something is definately disarmed in camp mode because key card and phone in car would normaly never allow it to lock

Rshephorse

Aug 2, 2020
Plattsburg
I do some winter camping and am at isolated trailheads sometimes... this is why I have taped a keycard to the outside of the car, though it would be a pain to get to the keycard, I figure it might save my life at some point! Also consider getting a tesla-able rfid ring to wear when camping.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC