Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camping Locked Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in camp mode locked ouselves in car all great until we both went out back door to restroom at 1 am with no phone or wallet the car was LOCKED it did not remain unlocked as per normal when it knows Im out and phone or card remain in car we were in shock walked to nearest hotel in sleepwear with no ID nothing 40 degrees hotel front desk called Tesla roadside we were in national park they were able to unlock remotely after husband walked back with hotel attendants cell phone we are way seniors this was VERY dramatic 1 to 3 am
TSLA roadside with security questions saved us remote unlock

I just got back from a week long camping trip at some National Parks and this was my EXACT fear. I always kept the physical key card (I also wear the Tesla ring) on top of the armrest when going to bed in the event that we 1. Opened the door in a daze, triggering the alarm; it allowed us to avoid trying to figure out how to shut off the alarm. 2. Grab the keycard whenever we had to go to the bathroom or walk the dogs.