TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Camping mode for the 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by kzod, Apr 19, 2018.

1. kzod

kzod Member

Should be getting the car by the start of June or so and go on a little road trip. Just curious if anyone has tried Camping mode. Saw one video ( ) but he couldn't get it into camping mode. Anyone figure out a way to do this?I'll mostly be staying in houses and a hotel but wouldn't mind camping out in a couple of state parks if I had the opportunity.

2. drawfour

drawfour Member

Not sure, but Model X has a camping mode. Here's a video. Perhaps there's something similar for the 3. If not, I would hope Tesla will add it...

3. apkom

apkom Member

4. drewbaumann

drewbaumann Member

• Helpful x 1
  5. apkom

apkom Member

How is any app going to work where neither the car nor the phone have coverage? which is most likely scenario when some one actually goes "camping".

From what I understand direct BT communication only allows lock/unlock but none of the other functions.

6. drewbaumann

drewbaumann Member

Great question... if there is no reception you'd be out of luck. At that point it is on Tesla to solve this problem.