Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camping Trailer Selection for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone on here own this combo, seen in Victoria parade? (sorry for the double post, also posted in Model -X random sightings)

That was our Alto. The Model X was from very helpful owner from Everett. He drove up here to tow our trailer in the parade.

Our Model X is apparantly in transit from Fremont.

I have installed 800W of solar and 5kWh of LiFePo. Did a test charge of my wife's MS85 from the trailer battery using a 110V 2kw inverter at 6km/h. 4mile/h.

That was our Alto. The Model X was from very helpful owner from Everett. He drove up here to tow our trailer in the parade.

Our Model X is apparantly in transit from Fremont.

I have installed 800W of solar and 5kWh of LiFePo. Did a test charge of my wife's MS85 from the trailer battery using a 110V 2kw inverter at 6km/h. 4mile/h.
I am waiting for my Sig here in Toronto. You have confirmation that your X has shipped for sure?

HoG1.jpeg
I am waiting for my Sig here in Toronto. You have confirmation that your X has shipped for sure?
Yep. A friend sighted it today at the SC in Vancouver.

Okay guys. We are on our way. In Calgary right now. Detailed information about consumtion at various speeds can be found in our Youtube videos. Tesla X Canada
Not surpisingly speed is largest contributor to range loss.

Some rough numbers here. A lot of mounains in BC. Going accross the prairies soon.
km/h mph Wh/km
100 62 400+
90 56 400
80 50 380
70 43 350
60 37 300

Maximum range at 60km/h about 280km.

There are no superchargers here. Campground only charging at the moment.

We are also on www.TeslaXCanada.com

Yes I was going to rent their rpod, you can see two of them next to the Winnebago, but the guy talked me into the Winnebago because it has slightly more space but about the same weight. They look virtually identical, which would explain why Forest River is suing Winnebago, hah.

lol yes I read about that. Also heard the Winny has a leg up on the rpod, but there were none near us to check. Still happy with our popup, but also curious about what could have been.

We are in Sakatchewan flat now. Did some tests today in heavy rain with 20km/h headwind. We only had a short distance (120km) to travel so I could play around.
Conditions: Headwind 20 km/h, gusting higher, heavy rain

All test were done over 10km only. I ran Motion GPX to ensure we did not have significant elecvation changes. The rain varied from heavy to extreme. A few higher speed tests had to be aborted as it was impossible to see the road at those speeds.

Speed km/h Wh/km
90 500
80 450
70 410
60 370

With a slight tail wind on flat roads, dry, at 70 km/h we get about 280 Wh/km.

We are in Sakatchewan flat now. Did some tests today in heavy rain with 20km/h headwind. We only had a short distance (120km) to travel so I could play around.
Conditions: Headwind 20 km/h, gusting higher, heavy rain

All test were done over 10km only. I ran Motion GPX to ensure we did not have significant elecvation changes. The rain varied from heavy to extreme. A few higher speed tests had to be aborted as it was impossible to see the road at those speeds.

Speed km/h Wh/km
90 500
80 450
70 410
60 370

With a slight tail wind on flat roads, dry, at 70 km/h we get about 280 Wh/km.
Missed this post at the time. Yeah, last Monday was quite nasty. Weather's been unstable for weeks do to the accumulated moisture in the air and heat. They had baseball sized hail in Southern Saskatchewan yesterday.