Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t open charge port with wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it worked for a few months then had the problem. If I put the connector almost touching then it would open. I opened ticket and they replaced the charge port. All good now as I now have about 5' of range.

Part on invoice: HV INLET,ASY,NA INTERIM,SX,P2(1567500-70-B)

For me it worked for a few months then had the problem. If I put the connector almost touching then it would open. I opened ticket and they replaced the charge port. All good now as I now have about 5' of range.

Yup. That’s what they replaced for me this week which solved the same issue. Now it works anywhere you’d reasonably expect to press the charger button. In my case, it was defective since day of pickup (August 5, 2021).

Thanks! I’ll let the service team know.

These are the parts they replaced during the 1st appointment and it didn’t fix the issue:

ASSY, MOTORIZED 1.00 CHARGEPORT DOOR, SAE(1038548-00-I)

ASY. CHARGE PORT 1.00 CONTROLLER GEN 4 NA(1619321-10-A)

Thanks! I’ll let the service team know.

These are the parts they replaced during the 1st appointment and it didn’t fix the issue:

ASSY, MOTORIZED 1.00 CHARGEPORT DOOR, SAE(1038548-00-I)

ASY. CHARGE PORT 1.00 CONTROLLER GEN 4 NA(1619321-10-A)

Correct, they replaced that for me on my first visit - and that is NOT the fix. The door and controller are just fine. It's the antenna built into the charge port itself that's the problem. This is the only part needed:

HV INLET,ASY,NA INTERIM,SX,P2(1567500-70-B)

Correct, they replaced that for me on my first visit - and that is NOT the fix. The door and controller are just fine. It's the antenna built into the charge port itself that's the problem. This is the only part needed:

HV INLET,ASY,NA INTERIM,SX,P2(1567500-70-B)
Looks like I have this problem in mine

Any chance this is something that can be inspected for a loose connection? Mine won't open even when in the trunk

Added it to the list of issues, was hoping this was something i could fix myself but i looked at the service manual and the antenna is internal and no mention of it. Wish i could see what the part number entails to see if its an sma connector or something. oh well

PS, it would not open in the trunk as you suggested. maybe the antenna is completely shot on mine.