Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t change the ownership in Tesla system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Week ago bought Model S 75D from non-Tesla dealership . 12/2018 production date. I can’t do a factory reset. The car is connected to another account, probably the previous owner’s account.
Last Friday I submitted a requested on Tesla web site with all related documents. So far no updates. I called to the Service Center in Brooklyn. The guy told me that they can't help with that.
Any ideas what should I do?

I found the process not very transparent, but for adding data, my timeline:

1. 5/8 purchased my '15 85D from non-Tesla dealership
2. 5/11 submitted paperwork to Tesla
3. 5/14 ownership transfer complete

I had created a Tesla account a couple of months prior while hunting and getting trade-in quotes on my previous vehicle. I'm not sure if that matters at all, though. The vehicle had definitely been reset prior to my purchase, though. I imagine the previous owner disconnected it from their account before I took ownership.

I found the process not very transparent, but for adding data, my timeline:

1. 5/8 purchased my '15 85D from non-Tesla dealership
2. 5/11 submitted paperwork to Tesla
3. 5/14 ownership transfer complete

I had created a Tesla account a couple of months prior while hunting and getting trade-in quotes on my previous vehicle. I'm not sure if that matters at all, though. The vehicle had definitely been reset prior to my purchase, though. I imagine the previous owner disconnected it from their account before I took ownership.
Thanks! It's a bit strange! As I mentioned before I sent a request last Friday. Tue-Wed I tried to resend again, but got an automatic reply that my request is underprices. Yesterday evening I tried again, and I was able to send one more time bye request. It is weird that it is impossible to check the status or call to the customer support.