Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t charge new Model Y with home charger but can charge at Tesla Supercharger Have Model 3 and the same Tesla home charger it works.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it a home charger that plugs in to a 110v socket, or a wall connector? Wall connectors can be vin locked.
If home charger (ac) is not working but supercharging (dc) works, that will indicate problem with ac charging system on the car. Make a service appointment.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 1
Is it a home charger that plugs in to a 110v socket, or a wall connector? Wall connectors can be vin locked.
If home charger (ac) is not working but supercharging (dc) works, that will indicate problem with ac charging system on the car. Make a service appointment.
Exactly what I was thinking as a first troubleshooting step.

Upvote 0
Can’t charge new Model Y with home charger but can charge at Tesla Supercharger Have Model 3 and the same Tesla home charger it works.
I once had “EV.Energy” which is a charge app. It stopped my home charger in its tracts. A tech at Tesla found the line of code in my car. Make sure you do not have a third person charging app in your phone. I learned that the Tesla app is the best.

Upvote 0
This reminds me of the issue where the OP's M3 would charge but his MY would not. Turned out to be a dead end from the M3 charge port that got stuck inside the handle for the charging cable.

LOOK inside the charging cable at the circular connections and see if they look different. DO NOT stick anything in there to trying and get something out.

Upvote 0