Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t log into Slacker or get streaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up car. Did an upgrade already. And cannot log into or create a streaming account with slacker.

Should I be creating a new slacker account or is this myTesla account info - maps work. Nav works. The system works but i cannot log into streaming.

Any thoughts??

You might need to give it a day. My wife got a Model Y a few weeks ago (it was used though, not new) and I think it took a day for Slacker to work. But it did eventually. You don't need your own account or log in...it will use the car's account.

Reactions: brianbcc
I also purchased a used Model S a few days ago and can't seem to log in to the Streaming/Slacker app. The vehicle account option is grayed out. Any guidance? I already tried rebooting, but that didn't work. Thanks in advance

Hey guys same issue here. Bought 2nd hand car 2 weeks ago. (2017 MS)
Been through an update and have rebooted.
Still no slacker.
“Use vehicle” account is grey but I push it and it tells me invalid username and password.

I try to type my Tesla credentials in and it says same thing.

My question is did you guys’ radios eventually fix themselves?

I figured I’d be good by now.

Same (2nd hand private party) with lifetime premium connectivity . Called tesla support they’re unhelpful. created a service ticket they want to charge $220 to diagnose no thanks. Last time i dropped off my car for a $500 bumper trim replacement that ended up more than $1100 it then ended up with malfunctioning rear camera and even eventual $2000 mcu2 replacement. “Coincidences”

Last edited:
Same problem here. All good on Nick (see sig). Subscribed for one year on Tessie this morning and rebooted three times.

I think Premium hasn't taken effect yet, as I can't choose the satellite map.

I got this in an email—what is that about the complimentary period?

Premium.jpg

Last edited:
Did you just purchase the car?

tesla give you one month free premium connectivity.
No, we've had the car (Tessie - see sig) for a year. We just decided to add premium connectivity.

Same problem here.
All better today. I got in the car today and there was no longer a Slacker login request. Didn't need to reboot, it just worked.

Bottom line: You may just need to wait a day or so.

Hum I waited 2 months, still hasn’t worked.
fwiw, i kept having to make a new service request and having them come out mobile so that i wouldn't be charged the $250 diag fee. Once the mobile tech finally came out, he looked at it less than 10 secs and said he knew what to do. submitted a remote request to the "mother ship" and then wait 1 week. Sure enough 1 week later it started working.

Reactions: txtabby
Slacker worked for me right from day 1. Then premium subscription expired and it stopped working as expected. Signed up for premium again and slacker would not get past login screen. Waited a few days and still won’t work. Held the 2 steering wheel buttons to reboot and after that immediately started to work.

Slacker worked for me right from day 1. Then premium subscription expired and it stopped working as expected. Signed up for premium again and slacker would not get past login screen. Waited a few days and still won’t work. Held the 2 steering wheel buttons to reboot and after that immediately started to work.
Same happened to me, but I changed credit cards & didnt re-sign up for premium connectivity. Did that, rebooted the screen, still can’t sign into Slacker. Tried to sign into my Tesla acct but needed some kind of code? Never heard of that before. Guess I’ll give it a few days and see what happens. This must be a system-wide glitch.

Same happened to me, but I changed credit cards & didnt re-sign up for premium connectivity. Did that, rebooted the screen, still can’t sign into Slacker. Tried to sign into my Tesla acct but needed some kind of code? Never heard of that before. Guess I’ll give it a few days and see what happens. This must be a system-wide glitch.
It says “Captcha required to log in” to use vehicle acct..?

Sorry for the rant, but I’ve had the car for almost 4 yrs, went through at least 2 credit cards, and never had this happen. It was just seamless. Never had to re-sign up for premium connectivity. It’s like they don’t want to make things easy for the owner. It’s day 2 and still no streaming. If I don’t have it by tomorrow I’m bitting the bullit & putting in a trouble ticket.

Sorry for the rant, but I’ve had the car for almost 4 yrs, went through at least 2 credit cards, and never had this happen. It was just seamless. Never had to re-sign up for premium connectivity. It’s like they don’t want to make things easy for the owner. It’s day 2 and still no streaming. If I don’t have it by tomorrow I’m bitting the bullit & putting in a trouble ticket.
Day 3.. did the software update on Sunday, hard-rebooted after. Went to bed. Monday I had Streaming back. Now I know what to do if I ever get a new c.card. They don’t make it easy…