Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t open charge port with wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the refreshed 2021 model s and the current version of the HPWC.

Haven’t been to the supercharger yet, so haven’t tried their buttons.

Port opens fine with the app/touchscreen, but it has never worked with the button on the HPWC
Seems to be going around. As before, can you point the charger inside the trunk (in the direction of the charge port) and have it work/open the charge port with this method?

It works when I pop the trunk. Is that a sign that the receiver is bad?
I have had the same issue since day 1. It’s apparently something to do with the antenna wiring. My car is going in to service tomorrow for the latest thing that doesn’t work (going on 4.5 months now without a fully working car) and I’m going to attempt to have this antenna issue fixed at the same time.

Attachments

• 7DB0E70B-CEEA-406F-B875-97E8902E5D73.jpeg
    7DB0E70B-CEEA-406F-B875-97E8902E5D73.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 338
  • 70CF2E99-2DA6-4E13-BBC0-E1E8FA9C9B1E.jpeg
    70CF2E99-2DA6-4E13-BBC0-E1E8FA9C9B1E.jpeg
    469.1 KB · Views: 172
I have had the same issue since day 1. It’s apparently something to do with the antenna wiring. My car is going in to service tomorrow for the latest thing that doesn’t work (going on 4.5 months now without a fully working car) and I’m going to attempt to have this antenna issue fixed at the same time.
Let me know how it goes. Plan on scheduling mobile service for next week

Service replaced the ChargePort, but that still didn’t fix it. I have to reschedule to give them more time to look into it

That's a bummer that it doesn't work any better after the charge port replacement. Grrr. My car is still in service (yep, a month later...), so I don't have an update on this for you, either. Did you try opening the trunk and pointing inside the trunk at the charge port to see if that works? Does it NEVER work at any point?