Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t open charge port with wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added it to the list of issues, was hoping this was something i could fix myself but i looked at the service manual and the antenna is internal and no mention of it. Wish i could see what the part number entails to see if its an sma connector or something. oh well

PS, it would not open in the trunk as you suggested. maybe the antenna is completely shot on mine.
Could be. It’s an easy thing to replace for service.

Just adding an observation from my experience with my Model S LR 2022 and gen3 wall connector. On delivery everything worked fine with the handle button on my wall connector to open the charge door. Then all of a sudden stopped working. After a software update it would start working again. It then would go back to not work again after sometime. I found out that when a keyfob or keycard were used on my car...anything other than my phone key....it would cause it to stop working. In my case it seems to be software related. I can reproduce this issue and no matter what I do the only way to get it back working is to wait for a software update. No reset or removal/readd of keycards/keyfobs would fix it.

It's about as unreliable as it gets I'm having similar issues with the ex and I'm wondering if it has something to do with interference with two cars two separate wall connectors all brand new nothing seems to work it's all interminent

I don't believe this is just car issue, this is a combination of RF and receiver related issues after my testing. It is more prone on the 2022 S/X models with the new Gen 3 wall connectors. And if you have more then one vehicle in a driveway or garage the problem gets even worse.

I don't believe this is just car issue, this is a combination of RF and receiver related issues after my testing. It is more prone on the 2022 S/X models with the new Gen 3 wall connectors. And if you have more then one vehicle in a driveway or garage the problem gets even worse.
I think you are correct. I canceled my service because I can get it to open most of the time with one press on the wand but I have to be at the front left edge and within an inch or so.

It's such a hit or miss. I just had mine replaced and one day after it is not working again. Their RX must be some piece of *sugar* for this to happen. They should have for the wall connectors at least setup the ability to sync and freq hop to each other bc it is unusable in this architecture and design. Leave it to Tesla after 10 years to still not be able to get a simple function to work which is just buying off the shelf Hw and some minor SW dev to make it work.

Downright shameful