Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t open doors manually other than driver’s door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I just picked up my first X on Saturday. It is a 2016 CPO. And I just noticed that only the driver door can open when I push on the door handle. The other 3 doors and trunk only open with the key buttons or on the main LCD dash screen. Is there a setting that I need to change, etc? Thanks!

Hello. I just picked up my first X on Saturday. It is a 2016 CPO. And I just noticed that only the driver door can open when I push on the door handle. The other 3 doors and trunk only open with the key buttons or on the main LCD dash screen. Is there a setting that I need to change, etc? Thanks!

That's because you are on "Driver Door Unlock Mode" which only unlocks driver's door and not the others for those who don't like the idea of unlocking all doors at the same time that might invite a bad person from the other side of the car.

Thus, as @mslogo said, you need t turn that off to achieve your all unlock doors:

Controls > Vehicle > Driver Door Unlock Mode > "slide it off, grey it out"

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
If you want that setting on, the second unlock from the keyfob will unlock all doors (but also open the passenger door if you have automatic doors). Alternatively, when you're in the vehicle, according to the manual, you can double tap the lock icon in the MCU to unlock all doors.