Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t program Homelink Gate control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I was able to program my garage and community gate with my 2015 Model S. Now I have a new Model X.

I programmed my garage in 10 seconds, no problem. But I’ve been unable to program my gate.

I have tried 2 different gate remotes from the front of the X. No success. I tried with the frunk open too. No success.

Anything I need to do special? On the X is the gate programming the same as a garage ?

They are both Homelink as it works fine on my S and even my Lexus.

Suggestions ?

Does the car see the gate remote / do the headlights blink? Or, once programmed, is it not opening the gate?

-J

The highlights do not blink when I use the gate remote. Although the gate remote does open the gate. So it works.

When I programmed my garage with its remote, the car blinked and worked as expected.

The gate remote has a LED which stays on for maybe 2-3 seconds. Should I continuously press the button after the LED goes out?
thanks

The highlights do not blink when I use the gate remote. Although the gate remote does open the gate. So it works.

When I programmed my garage with its remote, the car blinked and worked as expected.

The gate remote has a LED which stays on for maybe 2-3 seconds. Should I continuously press the button after the LED goes out?
thanks

Well that worked !
Hold and release the button every 2-3 seconds until the headlights flash.

Now it’s all set.