Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t receive text messages sent by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m taking delivery of my model Y performance on Monday. But since I placed ordered, I’ve yet to receive any text messages from Tesla (510) area code number. I got my delivery setup over the phone. Today I stopped by my delivery center to see if I can move up my delivery date to today or tomorrow, they said no. There’s fine, then when I inquired about lack of communication via text messages, they showed me on their system texts had been sent to my phone. I could not have blocked their number since I’ve been eagerly awaiting text messages from Tesla’s 510 area code number. Has anyone else had this issue?

While they probably do have multiple numbers, it’s unlikely for them to use more than one once they start texting you.
I have not received any text from them since I placed my order. So there’s no number to go along with. This 510-662-6378 was the closet to Tesla from my blocked list so I unblocked it, hopefully hear from them prior to my delivery day.

I had several texts in the week or so leading up to the delivery of my model Y last week. But you really had to use the APP to check on the status and what was needed. And when they delayed my delivery by one hour when I was already in at the location in Fremont, it came only in the app...grrr.

My delivery, technically got delayed… that was cause the folks ahead of me were taking their time. The SAs were busy flip flopping between new deliveries, potential buyers and service calls. Fun times.

It was interesting watching them moving from people to people.