Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t supercharge!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my Model 3 SR+ 3 weeks and out for the 1st road trip today.
Stopped at the supercharger and went to connect but wouldn’t charge, moved to another stall and still no charge, blue light flashes then stays on car says ready to charge but no charge.
Called Tesla and they said to try all the screen reset and power cycle things but still no joy. He suggested trying an ac charger to charge as he could see nothing wrong with the car or supercharger, failing that the car would need to be collected as there were no service techs as it was Sunday 🤔.
Tried 3 other dc chargers and no joy but ac works ok.
Long shot but has anybody experienced this before? A little disappointed as the supercharger network was a big reason I got the Tesla and now feel I won’t be able to rely on it ☹️

Just to rule it out as a contributing factor, are you sure you have a current and valid credit card on file with your Tesla account? You can check this by logging into your account via the Tesla app and click on "Wallet". I always make sure to have 3 different cards on file, just in case there is a problem with one of them.

Hope that helps and good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Just to rule it out as a contributing factor, are you sure you have a current and valid credit card on file with your Tesla account? You can check this by logging into your account via the Tesla app and click on "Wallet". I always make sure to have 3 different cards on file, just in case there is a problem with one of them.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Hi, yes checked and removed and replaced just in case, the concerning thing is that the Tesla man said there was nothing showing why it wasn’t charging and no reason why it shouldn’t. 5 days for a service appointment and a nice 160 mile round trip 🥴

Upvote 0
1st road trip today. [...] A little disappointed as the supercharger network was a big reason I got the Tesla and now feel I won’t be able to rely on it ☹️
You are making an illogical leap. Having something not set up correctly the very first time you ever try to use it is something that happens rarely but sometimes, but that has nothing to do with the network being reliable. It is, but sometimes there is some initial configuration messed up.

Upvote 0
Had my Model 3 SR+ 3 weeks and out for the 1st road trip today.
Stopped at the supercharger and went to connect but wouldn’t charge, moved to another stall and still no charge, blue light flashes then stays on car says ready to charge but no charge.
Called Tesla and they said to try all the screen reset and power cycle things but still no joy. He suggested trying an ac charger to charge as he could see nothing wrong with the car or supercharger, failing that the car would need to be collected as there were no service techs as it was Sunday 🤔.
Tried 3 other dc chargers and no joy but ac works ok.
Long shot but has anybody experienced this before? A little disappointed as the supercharger network was a big reason I got the Tesla and now feel I won’t be able to rely on it ☹️
Ok so an update to the issue, I found a guy on YouTube who had the same issue I had about a year ago and after having been to a service centre it was sorted by forcing a software update.
When I finally got home the car started downloading an update 🤔 installed this morning and went to the nearest supercharger and it charged!
It worked ok before the Holiday update and now after the most recent 1 so thinking that for some reason that update was the issue for me.
Anyway all good now 😀

Upvote 0
Thanks for circling back around with your eventual resolution. I have seen people post about various issues related to having a corrupted software update, or needing to have the update re applied, but dont remember anything related to supercharging with that cause.

Thanks again for the update to the situation.

Upvote 0