Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t unlock doors using the mobile app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suddenly can no longer unlock any doors or the trunk, with the exception of the driver’s door, with the mobile app. The lock icon shows the car is unlocked, but it isn’t. I have to get in the car and unlock the doors using the unlock options available inside the car.
This is a new problem - started happening about a week ago.
Any ideas?

We're having the same issue - I think it must be related to the last update I installed. 2022.40.4.1
The car no longer unlocks when I walk up and it's a battle to get the charger out of the car too. For such a small thing it's irritating the F out of me.
FWIW I can usually unlock the car with the app but the whole lovely part of walking up to the car and it unlocking for me is not working correctly. (Door, trunk, charge port etc)

I'm having the same issue. We have two 2022 Model Y's and they both have started doing this since the last update. Only the driver door will unlock with our phones, can't unlock trunk, frunk, or other doors without unlocking the driver door and holding down the driver unlock button until it beeps (and then sometimes that doesn't even work). I've tried to reset both our vehicles numerous times and the "Driver Door Unlock Mode" keeps turning back on. When we turn it off manually everything goes back to the way it was before the update, but it doesn't stay that way the "Driver Door Unlock Mode" goes back on. I had the same problem trying to unlock the charge port on my husband's Tesla today, wouldn't unlock until I went into the app and unlocked it through the app. Has anyone heard if Tesla is going to do something about this?

We love our Tesla's, but this latest update is for the bird's - reset please to prior update.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 68
I'm in the same boat here. Up to version 2022.44.25.3 and still having issues. Mostly, walk up and driver door works, but back door stays locked and unable to disconnect charger. I have to physically go into app an unlock car 2 or 3 times before everything unlocks. It's kind of a pain in the ass. Might have to make an appointment. Anybody here in this thread get a resolution? @DavJul73 @TrojanHorse @Northwoodsgirl

I'm having the same issue. We have two 2022 Model Y's and they both have started doing this since the last update. Only the driver door will unlock with our phones, can't unlock trunk, frunk, or other doors without unlocking the driver door and holding down the driver unlock button until it beeps (and then sometimes that doesn't even work). I've tried to reset both our vehicles numerous times and the "Driver Door Unlock Mode" keeps turning back on. When we turn it off manually everything goes back to the way it was before the update, but it doesn't stay that way the "Driver Door Unlock Mode" goes back on. I had the same problem trying to unlock the charge port on my husband's Tesla today, wouldn't unlock until I went into the app and unlocked it through the app. Has anyone heard if Tesla is going to do something about this?

We love our Tesla's, but this latest update is for the bird's - reset please to prior update.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one whose locks other than the driver's door, remain locked. Yes, it only started recently, I guess it was with the last software update. Also, the car is no longer locking upon parking and walking away, so I've had to use the manual key card everytime I want to lock and unlock the car. It's weird, because my phone is clearly connected to the car in every other respect except for the locks.