Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t update software anywhere!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, Purchased a ‘19 model 3 LR AWD 2 weeks ago. Realized I'm on software 2020.16.2.1. And that i can update to 2020.36.11. I can’t do it at home because I have no connection to where my car is parked. I can’t do it through my phone either. I went to local starbucks & mcdonalds but its not working. Called tesla, they told me to come by to the service center/showroom. Cool! I went there and when i parked i was told the wifi wont reach and suggested i go to a starbucks. So what the heck do i do? Also what features am i missing out on?

Hello, Purchased a ‘19 model 3 LR AWD 2 weeks ago. Realized I'm on software 2020.16.2.1. And that i can update to 2020.36.11. I can’t do it at home because I have no connection to where my car is parked. I can’t do it through my phone either. I went to local starbucks & mcdonalds but its not working. Called tesla, they told me to come by to the service center/showroom. Cool! I went there and when i parked i was told the wifi wont reach and suggested i go to a starbucks. So what the heck do i do? Also what features am i missing out on?

Define "It is not working", does the service screen change from update available(yellow) to downloading(green bar) or does it just keep saying update available?

You said you can't do it through your phone either, is that because you don't have hotspot available on your cell service?

As far as starbucks or anywhere else, as long as there is not some kind of login page after you connect it should work. If it isn't working you might try shutting down your car, waiting a few minutes(3-4) and the restarting the car and trying again.

Define "It is not working", does the service screen change from update available(yellow) to downloading(green bar) or does it just keep saying update available?

You said you can't do it through your phone either, is that because you don't have hotspot available on your cell service?

As far as starbucks or anywhere else, as long as there is not some kind of login page after you connect it should work. If it isn't working you might try shutting down your car, waiting a few minutes(3-4) and the restarting the car and trying again.

Yes, even the green bar isn't loading. It stays same position when I connected to my friends wifi in his garage