Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can 2019 front seats be changed to 2020?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 model x(Reven).

Children sitting in row 2 are uncomfortable.
The 2020 seat is slim. Maybe the picture part is slim.
Can you change only those parts?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2020-08-06 143158.jpg
    2020-08-06 143158.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 114
The slim seat design was introduced in 2019, around October, for the Model X, and I believe close to December for the Model S.

Does your headrest move up and down on the front seats? If YES, then you have the older seat design.. If NO, then you already have the slim seat design.

The seat backs are not interchangeable as the old seat back design feature a different shape and profile than the new seat.

I have a 2017 X with Gen 1 seats

I find the bottom cushion to be uncomfortable after 40+ minutes of driving

The bolsters which rise up on either side squeeze the sides of my thighs and lead to almost a numbing sensation, I find myself having to shift around and take breaks just to relieve the pain

Two questions
1. Is the geometry of the bottom seat cushion on the 2020 Gen 2 seats fundamentally different? In the sense that it 'squeezes' you less? Maybe less steep angles on the bolsters?

2. Are there any add-ons that people have had success with in attaching to the bottom cushion to essentially 'fill in' the low part of the seat and thus rise the driver above the 'squeezing sides' of the seat and relieve this pressure?

I have a 2017 X with Gen 1 seats

I find the bottom cushion to be uncomfortable after 40+ minutes of driving

The bolsters which rise up on either side squeeze the sides of my thighs and lead to almost a numbing sensation, I find myself having to shift around and take breaks just to relieve the pain

Two questions
1. Is the geometry of the bottom seat cushion on the 2020 Gen 2 seats fundamentally different? In the sense that it 'squeezes' you less? Maybe less steep angles on the bolsters?

2. Are there any add-ons that people have had success with in attaching to the bottom cushion to essentially 'fill in' the low part of the seat and thus rise the driver above the 'squeezing sides' of the seat and relieve this pressure?

1. I just test drove a 2020 Model X Performance. The front seats are different and I found them more comfortable. The bottom cushion seems to be different than my 2017 and squeezes less. However, the head rest is fixed and was more pronounced than the moveable headrest in the 2017.

2. Do a search on the forum. There are members that complained about the 2017 seats comfort (especially the bar that goes across the seat) and they tried modifying the bottom cushioning.

1. I just test drove a 2020 Model X Performance. The front seats are different and I found them more comfortable. The bottom cushion seems to be different than my 2017 and squeezes less. However, the head rest is fixed and was more pronounced than the moveable headrest in the 2017.

2. Do a search on the forum. There are members that complained about the 2017 seats comfort (especially the bar that goes across the seat) and they tried modifying the bottom cushioning.

Thanks VikH!

When you say more pronounced, do you mean that you the headrest is positioned more forward than would be ideal? (like you can't really straighten your head up like you would like b/c u feel it back there?)

I have run searches on the forums for the last 15 minutes and not found much, I'll try '2017 seats'. any other search terms you would suggest?

Michael