Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can A 3.0 Roadster Battery Be Brought Back To Life?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MIO-PM

Apr 13, 2021
USA
2010 3.0 Roadster was left unplugged for several years, battery is completely dead. Can it be brought back to life? Are there any good used options available anywhere? Client has been waiting over 2 years for a new one from Tesla, they're willing to try other alternatives, any help would be greatly appreciated.
thumbnail_IMG_7810.jpg

2010 3.0 Roadster was left unplugged for several years, battery is completely dead. Can it be brought back to life?

The answer after "years" is no.

Client has been waiting over 2 years for a new one from Tesla
I thought Tesla would be able to get you another battery pack if you are willing to pay for it.

Are you talking about waiting for the 2020 Roadster or waiting for the 2010 batter pack order to be filled?

Upvote 0
The answer after "years" is no.

I thought Tesla would be able to get you another battery pack if you are willing to pay for it.

Are you talking about waiting for the 2020 Roadster or waiting for the 2010 batter pack order to be filled?
Ugh! Wishful thinking, thanks for chiming in Tam.

"Are you talking about waiting for the 2020 Roadster or waiting for the 2010 batter pack order to be filled?"

2010-3.0 battery pack order, we've been waiting for over two years for Tesla to run another batch. It seems they've forgotten about the original roadster owners because there's still no word on when they will become available.

Upvote 0
I am surprised that some people have had their batteries go to bricked state within a couple of months. My car was last driven on March 31 with an ending SOC of 43%. It has not been charged since, yet the current SOC is 42%. That's essentially no reduction in two weeks, and I check the level every day or so using OVMS. I leave the battery at that charge level based on the advice that it is best to store lithium-ion batteries at about 50% charge.

Upvote 0
I am surprised that some people have had their batteries go to bricked state within a couple of months. My car was last driven on March 31 with an ending SOC of 43%. It has not been charged since, yet the current SOC is 42%. That's essentially no reduction in two weeks, and I check the level every day or so using OVMS. I leave the battery at that charge level based on the advice that it is best to store lithium-ion batteries at about 50% charge.

I suspect the little coolant pump has a large part to play in it. That only comes on in hotter climates, but can stay on 24x7.

Upvote 0
2010 3.0 Roadster was left unplugged for several years, battery is completely dead. Can it be brought back to life? Are there any good used options available anywhere? Client has been waiting over 2 years for a new one from Tesla, they're willing to try other alternatives, any help would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 653534
medlock & sons and Gruber motors are well respected shops that you should talk to. But, you may also want to reach out to this local FL shop: Electrified Garage Tesla Service Center . Byrone, head of Dana location, says that he knows this roadster. Good luck!

Upvote 0