Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can a car be both a Sleeper and a Stealth? What's up with this ad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been model 3 "stealth performance" cars produced a while back. They had the full performance (motor power) of the P but did not have the bigger brakes nor the suspension drop. They probably didn't get the 20" wheels either. I think that's the model this ad is referring to. I do not know how to verify if it's true... I would guess that the system screen would show the red underline under "model 3" like the normal Ps but I cannot guarantee.
They were selling for 2-3k more than LR AWD I think instead of 8-10k difference?? Someone else can fill the info...

Reactions: Dayreg
Obviously, you should ask for photos at minimum and/or see the vehicle in person before buying. However, absolutely nothing wrong with this person’s ad/description.

Some people refer to this model as “Stealth”. Some call it “Sleeper”. So, the seller is simply covering his bases and calling it both nicknames. I’d do the same thing if I were to list and sell my Sleeper/Stealth, but that ain’t gonna happen any time soon. See what I did there…?

Last edited:
Reactions: android04
For the question in the thread title, there is no such thing, officially, as a "sleeper / stealth" model 3. Those are nicknames for the vehicle given by online communities like this one.

As already pointed out, the ad just uses the popular nicknames. The screenshot showing the red line underneath means its a performance. The Tesla Official name for that vehicle would be "Tesla Model 3 Performance without performance package".

As to "what its worth" many people think that the "tesla model 3 performance without performance package" (stealth / sleeper model 3) is actually worth more than the regular performance with the performance package, because you cant get one new anymore, and it doesnt come with 20ich wheels so gets slightly better range due to smaller wheels.

No idea what is "fair" but "at least what a performance with performance package costs" would likely be ballpark.

his car looks like an actual performance. it has the spoiler and the bigger wheels. Stealth performance has the 18" wheels.... that said he might have added the 19" wheels later and spoiler may be active in the menu due to a mistake from tesla...

The stealth performance is imho more valuable as you get really good range and pothole resistance while still retaining the performance at cost of having slightly weaker brakes.

Last edited:
The stealth performance is imho more valuable as you get really good range and pothole resistance while still retaining the performance at cost of having slightly weaker brakes.

Agree with the first part wholeheartedly but disagree with the second. The non-performance brakes aren’t any “weaker” and offer the same stopping power. The only advantage of the larger brakes is slightly better heat fade resistance at the track, and a better profit margin for Tesla. Much more the latter than the former. But for stopping distance and power? No difference.

Agree with the first part wholeheartedly but disagree with the second. The non-performance brakes aren’t any “weaker” and offer the same stopping power. The only advantage of the larger brakes is slightly better heat fade resistance at the track, and a better profit margin for Tesla. Much more the latter than the former. But for stopping distance and power? No difference.

is that true? I havnt driven the actual performance (i have a stealth one) and was under the impression that the performance brakes feel way more grabby, at least from anecdotal reports here. Not sure if the stopping distance is really any shorter.

could the true performance be downgraded to using 19" wheels?
I dont think the earlier 18 or 19 would fit a true perfomance, but not positive. I believe it depends on the wheel and what will clear the "lip" on the perfomance rotors/hub. I dont know what wheels are or are not machined to clear that lip. Thought I heard they started machining them differently at some point but I dont know when. Sorry if I'm mistaken on that.