Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can a heated steering wheel be installed on a 2018 P3D?

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
Although I love my 2018 P3D, I do wish it had a heated steering wheel. I know some of the most recent Model 3's come with heated steering wheels. Does anyone know if it is possible to have a heated steering wheel installed on a 2018 Model 3 like mine? If so, has anyone had this done and roughly how much does it cost?

Thank you,
joebruin77

Skione65

May 5, 2016
Kentucky
This has been discussed in a myriad of posts. Online as well. Apparently it is a major undertaking at minimum. Requires full changes in electrical harnesses and electronics etc. Can’t remember all the deets but it’s out there. I have a 2018 P3D+ and would love the same however after research I’ve gleaned it’s either not really doable or too involved.
Someone has asked if Tesla would eventually offer a retrofit kit and apparently they won’t. YMMV.

Ski

Reactions: joebruin77

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC