Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can a small person fit in the rear child seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of adding this option. I don't have any kids yet but I plan on starting a family in the future and also plan to keep the car a long time.

In the meantime, can small asian women fit in the seats? I hate to buy them only to have them unused for many years.

I have a lot of asian friends and some are short and petite. Just wondering if they could fit in the seats.

Obviously gender and ethnicity is not a requirement. I'm just adding interest to the conversation.

Putting my politically correct facade on let me rephrase the question "What is the maximum sized bipodded animal that can physically fit into the seats comfortably?"

LOL! I come across a lot of asian women in my business (mostly Japanese tourists) and there are a lot of skinny/short ones, but the adult women are not going to be less than 77 lbs. :tongue:
Quite a bit are 85-90 lbs. though :eek:

This is an amusing thread; but in a small attempt to answer the question:

I am 5'9", and I have tried sitting in the rear jump seats. I had plenty of hip, shoulder and leg room. The limiting factor, by far, was head room (space-wise, at least; as the sticker says, weight should be limited to 77lbs, although I'm not sure exceeding that by a small amount is a big deal. I exceeded it by a large amount). I thought the seats were perfectly comfortable...that is, with the hatch up. No way you could close the hatch unless I was at least a head shorter. I would think somewhere around 5' tall would be the absolute max.

(One interesting point is that with an electric car, you CAN drive with the rear hatch up and not suck exhaust in the cabin...still not recommended, but an interesting thought for parades, emergencies, etc)

I should also note this was a demo car and the seat belts weren't hooked up right, so I didn't try them on for fit.

Obviously gender and ethnicity is not a requirement. I'm just adding interest to the conversation.

Putting my politically correct facade on let me rephrase the question "What is the maximum sized bipodded animal that can physically fit into the seats comfortably?"

Though my wife is dying to know what the original thread title was.

Moderator Note:
So. A goal of TMC is to make sure that all groups feel welcome here. "Politically correct" is not necessarily a bad thing, even though people say it like it is. (It's only bad when people get ridiculous about it.) Sometimes it is about being inclusive and making everyone feel welcome.

And the original thread title isn't much different than the post.

I still love you all, but jeez.

Gotta earn my paycheck (was at work). What I miss? Someone selling Asian women to test out seats?

LOL. There ya go. Glad you're still working. Maybe we are easily amused but Doc Sherman and I are still laughing at this post. Definitely the most we've laughed at any post ever on TMC.

On a serious note to the OP: We don't have small children so no need for the 3rd row. However, I did see them installed in Miami and it's a fabulous idea and VERY well done. If you're gonna keep the car and kids are in the plan I would seriously consider it. You could easily (i think) have them taken out and reinstalled when needed. I could also see how this would be something that folks looking to buy a used MS down the road might look for.