Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can any sales rep see nationwide new, inventory, and used cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I call a store and just talk with a basic sales rep (sales advisor?) and ask them to search to see if specific car is available, can they see all the new cars at stores nation wide? All the inventory cars nation wide? All the used cars logged in their system nation wide?

Or do they just see regionally, or must they manually search stores? (In which case if I called a Seattle store they probably would just look at Seattle, Bellevue, and Portland stores)

The word of a LR RWD being sold recently (like within the last couple days) makes me think it might be worth my time calling again and asking them to hunt around and see if there is anything left for sale.... but I'm not sure if I call a store and work with someone or if I need to call someone at the corporate level in Fremont, or if I need to call major regional stores and have them each just search a handful of stores...

They won’t let you get smaller wheels but it’s still a great deal. It was 52 or 53 if I remember.

Google Tempe Service Center phone number and push the option for sales.

Tell them you want a P3 without wheels/brakes/spoiler and heard they had blue and white in Tempe.

If it’s still there I would put the $2500 down now. I started calling last Thursday and the inventory was reduced by 70% in 48 hours.

They won’t let you get smaller wheels but it’s still a great deal. It was 52 or 53 if I remember.

Google Tempe Service Center phone number and push the option for sales.

Tell them you want a P3 without wheels/brakes/spoiler and heard they had blue and white in Tempe.

If it’s still there I would put the $2500 down now. I started calling last Thursday and the inventory was reduced by 70% in 48 hours.

Oh, it was a performance one? Dang, I’m just looking for a long range RWD, not any performance upgrades. I put a call in asking for a sales advisor to look around and they’re going to call me back...

Silly question, but why isn't this available online?

Partial answer: You can see cars within 200 miles, which for Atlanta is just local, and there are just 3 new Model 3 in inventory. And zero used for that model.

Apparently it was “off menu” since ~May-ish and officially discontinued as of the price drop a couple weeks ago...

For why it was removed... well officially it’s to simplify the build process and just have a couple different configurations... I suspect it’s a actually a sales move. I think Tesla is banking on people that actually need the extra range (or are worried and would like it) will fork over the $9k difference from SR+ to LR AWD. If you still had a LR RWD option then it would have to go between those guys, so probably a $4500 upgrade from SR+. Does an extra front motor cost Tesla $4500, almost absolutely not, so there is more profit in the LR AWD. Also, if people are really just going for max range they would pick the cheaper LR RWD since it was rated at 325 mi and the AWD is 310 mi.

That all makes me think Tesla thinks they can convert any range anxious people into a $9k more expensive car rather then a $4.5k more expensive one....

Also, it’s odd the LR RWD Model Y is still open for orders... if it really was that much easier to make, wouldn’t you just start shipping the AWD long range Model Y, get some under your belt and then open up a SR+ Model Y, and then finally capture the price sensitivity with an off menu basic “cheap” Model Y?

This is all about maximizing profits... and I actually wouldn’t be surprised if it came back on the menu at some point closer to Model Y production...

Sorry. Thought you were looking for a performance.

Well now I’m going to feel stupid since I called the AZ store and asked them to search around because a friend mentioned there was a blue/white one there yesterday, lol.

Oh well, I know someone else posted a black LR RWD sold just the other day for $45k... so maybe there is a handful (or just one for me!) of them still out there...

This is what I got last night. Car was going this am. My friends make me shop for them.

My name redacted and I am reaching out from Tesla Headquarters. My colleague name redacted letme know you were interested in a Long Range Rear Wheel Drive Model 3 and so I wanted to follow up and assist with your vehicle search.

As of right now we do have a very limited amount of Long Range RWD vehicles in California, in fact it looks like we only have 1 in our inventory. Below is the link to the vehicle, which I would recommend actioning very soon if the vehicle specs work for you. We have discontinued this battery from production so we will no longer be building this trim, and it is very popular among customers on the West Coast who need the extra range but not the AWD:

| Tesla

Also feel free to give me a call back at 5 atyour earliest convenience so we can discuss leasing/financing numbers, receiving anInstant Trade-In Quote, the delivery process, or anything else you may have questions about.

Best,

This is what I got last night. Car was going this am. My friends make me shop for them.

My name redacted and I am reaching out from Tesla Headquarters. My colleague name redacted letme know you were interested in a Long Range Rear Wheel Drive Model 3 and so I wanted to follow up and assist with your vehicle search.

As of right now we do have a very limited amount of Long Range RWD vehicles in California, in fact it looks like we only have 1 in our inventory. Below is the link to the vehicle, which I would recommend actioning very soon if the vehicle specs work for you. We have discontinued this battery from production so we will no longer be building this trim, and it is very popular among customers on the West Coast who need the extra range but not the AWD:

| Tesla

Also feel free to give me a call back at 5 atyour earliest convenience so we can discuss leasing/financing numbers, receiving anInstant Trade-In Quote, the delivery process, or anything else you may have questions about.

Best,

Now that is a good advisor, every one I’ve talked with just said they weren’t for order and didn’t see any... I don’t think anyone has put me on a list or anything. I love how fast these things are going but still deciding to discontinue it *rolls eyes*.

Also, fairly certain the battery is exactly the same as the 75kWh AWD long range battery... and that the motor is the same... it’s just a different configuration of their existing hardware...

Also, I wouldn’t consider ONE car a “limited amount”, more like a single one left!

Now that is a good advisor, every one I’ve talked with just said they weren’t for order and didn’t see any... I don’t think anyone has put me on a list or anything. I love how fast these things are going but still deciding to discontinue it *rolls eyes*.

Also, fairly certain the battery is exactly the same as the 75kWh AWD long range battery... and that the motor is the same... it’s just a different configuration of their existing hardware...

Also, I wouldn’t consider ONE car a “limited amount”, more like a single one left!

Title was Lead Advisor FWIW. Sent you contact information

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

| Tesla

Best,

Believe me its also very popular in the SouthEast, and really anywhere without AWD-related weather conditions but with long distances.
Ex: Going from Atlanta to the beach involves a 164 gap between Superchargers on I-16, which is comfortable in an LR and uncomfortable on an SR+ on that fast highway.

The Aussies were complaining as well, since they fit the LR/RWD profile better than LR/AWD except for people who need that extra acceleration (and Tesla have the 3P- for them).

I understand that Tesla is trying to simplify manufacturing, and there are certain markets where LR/RWD isn't that important (ex: Europe, Japan), but there are some markets where it is clearly a very important variant of the Model 3, and that includes Australia and the half of the USA below the snow belt.

Reactions: outdoors
Oof, I'm not sure what I'm doing... LOL

Just called another store and they actually said they have a Blue on White WITH aero wheels Long Range Rear Wheel drive Model 3 in Tacoma! Those are actually the colors I wanted anyway, and I'm in Washington state so it's not some crazy far distance away from me. I had her switch my order over to it to lock it in.... I'll call my sales advisor in a little bit to chat with him, but a couple questions first.

She mentioned it was an inventory vehicle... said it might have been test driven or something. I don't really care... what she did mention was it was like $46,600 or so "price adjusted", however the email I just got shows $49,100, which I believe is the original price of the LR RWD + $1,000 for paint upgrade and $1,000 for white interior upgrade. Should I be seeing a price discount on the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement?? Or is this a discount I'll see applied at the point of sale?

Also, I hate you Washington state for having the sales tax credit limit at $45k! Unless I can talk it down a bit more (doubtful) I'm going to miss the credit... but LR RWD... I don't really want to pass that up...

I would call her back. We won’t know the details. It will all be assumptions.

There are plenty of stories where Tesla says something and it doesn’t happen. Then you need to call and they fix it.

Call who ever “her” is and ask why the difference. Then ask them to update the price.

I would call her back. We won’t know the details. It will all be assumptions.

There are plenty of stories where Tesla says something and it doesn’t happen. Then you need to call and they fix it.

Call who ever “her” is and ask why the difference. Then ask them to update the price.

I'll make some time and call my sales guy... he isn't "bad", just hasn't been as helpful as some other advisors, so whenever I've had questions I just call a different store and they seem more helpful/friendly/something. I can't really put my finger on it since my guy doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong, just hasn't seemed terribly helpful while the others have. Guess I've got to talk to him on this one though...

These cars last forever, right? I don't know how I talked myself up from a SR with no options to a SR+ with Blue/White to a LR RWD Blue/White! LOL. I may have to hold off on buying a second set of wheels and winter tires for awhile... hopefully it doesn't snow too much this year :p

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
Glad you found what you were looking for.
The cars my local office has as test drive vehicles are not listed anywhere I have seen as available to purchase cars so maybe all of the dealer locations are like that.

Oh how I'm learning the ropes with Tesla.....

Turns out the car is in Canada, and is brand new, with no discount. It was NOT in Tacoma, it was routed THROUGH Tacoma while it headed up to Canada. So unmatched with that $50k car (after delivery fee and tax) and matched back again with a SR+ Blue on White. I spoke with an assistant store manager that spent about 25 minutes figuring out what was going on. First the car was discounted by in Pennsylvania, then it wasn't discounted, then "ohhhh! i see what's going on"... then "oh wait, this car is in Canada..." then let me get some extra eyes on this and I'll call you back because it is a US car but for some reason is up in Canada, we probably can bring it back down, but it won't be discounted, it's brand new" and finally I said, lets go back to the SR+ please...

He did also look for Mid Range models and did find two of them on this side of the USA, neither were discounted and would have been about $46k to $47k and were black with 19s. That makes me miss the tax credit and only gains 24 miles of range without the benefit of the faster charging from the larger battery. Apparently they did have full premium interiors, but that's less of a draw for me.

He actually matched me with a SR+ Blue on White that's down in Portland right now with 2 miles on it and told me he could ship it to my house when I asked. So that's good news. A little worrying though he said it'll be shipped on a flatbed with a non-Tesla guy so the driver won't probably even know how to work the car (that's fine) and it might be a little muddy/dirty..... so I'm not entirely sure Tesla covers ANYTHING when shipping these cars. I wonder if I can buy a car cover from the Portland store and ask them to put it on when they ship it ;)

Just hope I don't have any nasty rock chips, I can deal with some dust and dirt.

Edit: Also, this marks the 3rd time I've called and my sales guy has been out of the office... not a huge deal because anyone can help me, but really, do these guys keep office hours??

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
I'll make some time and call my sales guy... he isn't "bad", just hasn't been as helpful as some other advisors, so whenever I've had questions I just call a different store and they seem more helpful/friendly/something. I can't really put my finger on it since my guy doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong, just hasn't seemed terribly helpful while the others have. Guess I've got to talk to him on this one though...

These cars last forever, right? I don't know how I talked myself up from a SR with no options to a SR+ with Blue/White to a LR RWD Blue/White! LOL. I may have to hold off on buying a second set of wheels and winter tires for awhile... hopefully it doesn't snow too much this year :p

It’s happened to most of us. Wait till you’ve had it for a month. You will forget all of this part. (The buying experience on off order cars)

Everyone has always said buy as much “range” as you can. We’ve done road trips in the SR+ and they’ve been great. You just have to stop a few more times. The cold weather is where the bigger battery really helps. The stories on here are crazy from battery reduction.

You will love it.