Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can any shop do wheel alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took M3 to local shop for full alignment since it was toe in so much on the right side, they only charged me $100. It seems to be straight but I have the following alerts (I am quite sure only the alignment alert was there before since I just bought the car.) "DI_a178 steering alignment needs adjustment", "DI_a223 Traction control disabled" and "DI_a222 stability control disabled". Request an appointment with tesla for steering alignment needs adjustment and was quoted $525 and when I asked if that's to fix or just to diagnose. Got the message "Due to having to do your alignment not being correctly done, we would need to further diagnose it. The cost is for the alignment and to do diagnostic".

A little background, I bought the car from the auction and hit in the right quarter panel but drivable or movable so mainly cosmetic. The right front lower control arm nut broke off from the bolt, I think the owner hit a pothole and caused the accident. I bought a used front control arm and replaced it (didn't know that I can buy it from tesla, guess what the part is from tesla certified service shop). I only hope that it's a good one since it's recommended to replace both but who knows thanks to tesla strict policy and from most youtube I have an impression that one can't buy anything from tesla unless you are certified shop.

Attachments

• alert.jpg
    alert.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 18
  • alignment_printout.jpg
    alignment_printout.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 12