Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anybody provide model S motor efficiency diagram???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hilux

Oct 3, 2015
China
The electric motors are made by taiwan fukutamotor,
I want to see their efficiency diagram, such as....

prius-ornl-motor-efficiency.gif

This is Prius motor&inverter efficiency diagram

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

interesting graph. I saw one from a different motor from an EV conversion kit. The best efficiency was at the top end of the torque, not the lower end like this one. I believe that Tesla's motors are similar that way.

The one GM published with SAE for the Volt is shaped like the OP's - best efficiency at middle speeds and moderate torque values, less efficiency at higher and lower values for both. (2 Motor EV mode gives them another efficiency peak for the car at higher speeds and lower loads, of course.)
Walter

It would be interesting to see this for the Tesla motor. If we knew where the highest efficiency regimes were, we could try to stay in the higher efficiency regions when accelerating. We could figure out motor RPM vs MPH with a little math, since it's a fixed 9.75:1 ratio gearbox. (Well the rear is, anyway.)

interesting graph. I saw one from a different motor from an EV conversion kit. The best efficiency was at the top end of the torque, not the lower end like this one. I believe that Tesla's motors are similar that way.

Either you are reading that graph wrong or just describing it differently than I would.

The Prius motor efficiency is the highest per that graph around 2200 RPM, which I would describe as nearer the middle than the lower or top end.

It is also more effecient on the top side of the torque area as the RPM rises and has a large blob in the high torque low rpm area.

Tesla's motors are larger all the way around. Size, torque, HP, RPM, everything is larger on the Model S.

Maybe you could show us the graph you saw for the other engine so we could see how it varies from this one?