Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone else reproduce this bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL;DR: When you exit from chess, the car changes state to "Car Off" as seen on the IC. (headlights turn off, driver profile switches to easy entry, "P R N D" changes to "Car Off")

During yesterday's update, my MCU1/AP1 MS received chess. Out of curiosity, I opened it up just to get a glimpse of the interface, then promptly pressed exit so I could start my commute to work. Upon pressing exit, I noticed my headlights switch off and my drivers seat started moving back as it would when I'm about to get out of the car. I looked at the IC and it said "Car off". I figured maybe something timed out, even though I wasn't sitting there more than a couple minutes. I rebooted the MCU and went on with my day.

This morning, I decided to see if the car would show the same behavior, which it did. I drove to work, and tried it again, and still showed the same behavior. Since I showed the bug 3 times on my own, I figured it's now safe to come here and see who else has that problem. I opened the Arcade app from the app drawer, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Ok, so I just updated. 2016 P90D - AP1 MCU1. When you open the arcade, the car turns off as a safety precaution. When you exit the arcade, it turns back on. I don't have easy access enabled. I can try turning that on to see if I can recreate your issue. Also, I noticed you already did a reboot. Sorry I missed that.