TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can anyone help identify license plate number?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by yuxinhong, Jan 19, 2020.

1. yuxinhong

yuxinhong Member

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
  2. mjptech

mjptech Member

Did you call the CHP to make a report?

And, do you have the video leading up to it? Your right side may have captured the plate of the truck, rather than the trailer, which may be different. Or, even the information on the cab of the truck (company or contact)?

3. Nosken

Nosken Member

Do you have more of the video earlier in the incident? From the video, it looks like you were also changing lanes, into the same lane, and were farther back!

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Turn over to CHP and let them look up the registration of one of the cars. That should lead them to the hit and run driver.

5. mxnym

mxnym Member

Re "the information on the cab of the truck," it seems likely that you could get a USDOT number off of the cab a truck like that even if there isn't any good contact information. Wouldn't identify the truck, but would more specifically identify the owning company.

6. Techniques

Techniques Member

7. yuxinhong

yuxinhong Member

I have reported to CHP, they say they will try to help me to locate the drive, but will help if i can identify the plate number, which was very unclear in the video.
    and about the incident, i started to merge to the right, and when i was close to finish merging, the truck started to merge left. the side camera showed that clearly.

8. THX723

THX723 Member

Ouch!

May also help to track down the silver BMW being carried (plate clearly shown) and then correlate who the transport party was.

9. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Sad problem. I might be wrong, but looks like you probably could have avoided it and may be partially at fault if it goes to the insurance company. The truck driver may not have even known there was a hit. Best of luck to find a solution.