Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone help me understand Ludicrous mode on a Model X? I am looking at buying a P100DL 2018 '68 plate in the UK and I currently have a Model 3 Per

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone help me understand Ludicrous mode on a Model X? I am looking at buying a P100DL 2018 '68 plate in the UK and I currently have a Model 3 Performance. Is Ludicrous faster than a Model 3 performance in normal circumstances? I guess not many people heat the car up to use ludicrous plus everyday! So just wondering what the driving dynamics would be like as we cannot test drive in the UK....Thanks in advance.

I don’t think Model X with Ludicrous is comparable to Model 3 performance. With the X’s size and weight, you will always feel the half ton when you are not driving straight. It’s a lot less agile/maneuverable than the 3. The only thing comparable is the straight line acceleration, in which X Ludicrous is faster (2.7 sec 0-60 vs 3.9 sec for the 3 performance).

Model X is a great performance SUV, but it’s driving characteristics are no where near the Model 3. You get more convenience features at the cost of performance/handling.

Upvote 0
I don’t think Model X with Ludicrous is comparable to Model 3 performance. With the X’s size and weight, you will always feel the half ton when you are not driving straight. It’s a lot less agile/maneuverable than the 3. The only thing comparable is the straight line acceleration, in which X Ludicrous is faster (2.7 sec 0-60 vs 3.9 sec for the 3 performance).

Model X is a great performance SUV, but it’s driving characteristics are no where near the Model 3. You get more convenience features at the cost of performance/handling.
Totally agree and exactly why I'm changing car. I want the convenience of the size to load up for holidays and the kids to have more space, plus take some extra passengers but want some performance too! So just in Ludicrous it's 0-60 is 2.7 secs, wow, that's quick. Ludicrous plus mode must be even faster?

Upvote 0