Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone help me with questions regarding my 2022 Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dresden

Feb 15, 2019
AZ
I just got delivery of my new Model S. I had a 2018, which I love and have gotten quite accustomed to, so this 2022 has been a bit of culture shock to me. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to change the song that's playing only to end up with my right turn signal on...

First, can anyone tell me if I can change the dashboard display settings? There's a lot of negative space on there when not using navigation, and I know where I'm going most of the time, which means about 40% of the display is unused. I was a fan of two widgets on my old model S: The energy graph and the Trip stats. Can I get those back?

Second, how do I hang up my phone using the steering wheel? When I click down on the left joystick, it just mutes. Used to be able to roll through call options with the joystick and click to select the highlight option, but it doesn't seem to do that, now. Am I not seeing something?

What does the right joystick do when I'm not using auto-pilot? It used to control the climate options, but it seems completely useless now. Again, am I missing something?

I love the new car and the infotainment system, but I'm really starting to hate this new steering yoke. I'm hoping I'm just missing something and that I just need to relearn how to use it, but right now, it just seems like a huge downgrade. Can anyone help?

Hopefully Tesla will add some functions to right scroll wheel.
Need to state functions that are being removed. Software updates state new features, but not features that are removed. Classic owners should not have features removed unless they know before they install update.