Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone help with enabling supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody can help you with this. It's disabled by Tesla directly.

While it is disabled by tesla directly, I am not sure if its true that "no one can do anything". I dont follow that scene, and I am not a moderator for this subforum so I dont know how the model S mods feel about requesting this type stuff here on TMC, but I dont think its accurate to say "nothing" can be done.

I'm pretty sure during the handshake when you plug it in to a supercharger there is a check and tesla will not allow it. If you have MCU1 then perhaps w057 or the electrified garage can do something but i have no idea just a suggestion to reach out to those folks and ask at least.

Can anyone enable supercharging on my salvaged model S? Send me a private message, thanks

Not sure if this question is allowed (Mods feel free to take it down if not)
Supercharging may be difficult because as others have stated, there needs to be a handshake between the car and Tesla for it to work. However it’s likely that someone can enable fast charging so it will work at 3rd party stations.

Let's agree to disagree.

I re read the actual question asked, and need to walk back my statement. I agree 100% that no one will be able to help with supercharging. When I read the word "supercharging", my brain inserted "fast DC charging" in its place for some reason. My statement above was a response to a question about fast DC charging, but that isnt what was asked.

Sorry about that!

I didn't read the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

A guy on YouTube said that it's possible, and he had actually done it. The problem is, you're breaking the law by doing so; it is Tesla's right to refuse supercharging service to anyone, or any car. If a car has been banned from using the service, and you knowingly use it any way, you're breaking the law.

The process involved hacking the firmware and telling the car that it wasn't banned on the supercharger network anymore.

Currently, the "this car is banned from supercharging" variable sits in the car's firmware someplace. But it is quite possible (and most likely probably) that at some point Tesla will change this to being on their servers, matched up with the car's VIN.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Currently, the "this car is banned from supercharging" variable sits in the car's firmware someplace. But it is quite possible (and most likely probably) that at some point Tesla will change this to being on their servers, matched up with the car's VIN.
I believe that “some point” has already come and gone and this is a mothership-controlled variable now. The car has to negotiate a charging session with HQ before it will be allowed to charge.

Been driving a salvaged model s, i dont remmebrr if my hacker pall enabled supercharging and all features or it was all good while the airbags was not intacked, so anyways i i live in europe, got a special fancy adapter to let us cars to charge on teslas supercharger, a month later i come with 5km left in thr bank, she refuses and says try ac charging while dc and supercharging is not available, tryed it next day also same problem even tough maps and everything show and say your batery low try these charging options (superchargers only) and even preheating before a charge i couldnt start her, on dc shademo it worked in 3th party, sadly i want to say fk you tesla for giving me hopes in bypassing everything and then taking it away, now i have to send thr screen to my hacker to reanable everything back on, but i am not sure if its worth the money and hustle, there are so many tech guys repairing the superchargers when i come and thry can see my adapter and some have photographed from far distance which could of been a snitch or smthng but idk how it happend i am blocked curently and almoust madr back home with -10km 😵 also old batery 70D 120.000km so i am in luck that i wasnt stranded in the high way, those mdfcs