Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

James-R10

Model S Plaid 01/01/21 MSM/BlackCF/FSD/21" EU+ M3P
Aug 19, 2017
UK
I am picking up my M3P White/White on Wed and have got my reg.

However, insurance companies don’t take it yet as it hasn’t been registered. Is anyone happy to share there’s with me so I can get some rough quotes ? The by miles policy doesn’t allow a quote without a number plate.

my current provider wants £1,600 and has gone up £200 since I last checked in January...

I am picking up my M3P White/White on Wed and have got my reg.

However, insurance companies don’t take it yet as it hasn’t been registered. Is anyone happy to share there’s with me so I can get some rough quotes ? The by miles policy doesn’t allow a quote without a number plate.

my current provider wants £1,600 and has gone up £200 since I last checked in January...

You are too close to delivery for a good price now I'm afraid. You can normally fix a quote in advance and confirm the registration when you get it. The best time is supposed to be at least 3 weeks in advance but once you are within a week the insurers know you are over a barrel.

Reactions: Roy W.
You are too close to delivery for a good price now I'm afraid. You can normally fix a quote in advance and confirm the registration when you get it. The best time is supposed to be at least 3 weeks in advance but once you are within a week the insurers know you are over a barrel.

I’ve tried them all and none are cheaper than my current provider for my Model S. I wanted to try the By miles policy as I’ve heard good things about it, but it needs a number plate explicitly.

I’ve tried them all and none are cheaper than my current provider for my Model S. I wanted to try the By miles policy as I’ve heard good things about it, but it needs a number plate explicitly.
Even if you had your registration, Tesla don’t actually register the car until the day of collection, and the reg wouldn’t then appear on the insurance database until a few days after that. They need to be more flexible if they want new car business.

Reactions: Harv3y
LV were the cheapest for me .. and i diddnt have a reg number until the day that i collected my car!
I called LV and they were happy to setup the insurance before i collected the car, then i just called to give them the reg when i collected it..

Exactly ... and I should think that's pretty much what most of us have done. It does seem surprising that some companies don't point out this option or don't even facilitate it.

LV were the cheapest for me .. and i diddnt have a reg number until the day that i collected my car!
I called LV and they were happy to setup the insurance before i collected the car, then i just called to give them the reg when i collected it..

Similar for me. LV created the policy and set the price a couple of weeks before collection. Called them back when Tesla gave me the reg number the day before delivery to confirm. All pretty straightforward.