Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone make out this warning message [salvage vehicle]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking of buying this model 3 2020 and it has this warning message. Can anyone make it out or know what it might be?

I can’t ask the seller unfortunately. Thought maybe someone might know here

Attachments

• CC1C7677-A457-42AD-A48D-5BE6B98B004E.jpeg
    CC1C7677-A457-42AD-A48D-5BE6B98B004E.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 195
Why can’t you ask the seller for a better picture? I would be wary of buying from an uncooperative seller.

Just a guess on my part, but i suspect that this is likely a auction / salvage vehicle. I also think that the other vehicle the OP has been posting about (that I briefly mentioned above) is also a salvage / auction vehicle. That would be a reason why a person could not get a different / better picture.

OP can correct me if my guess is wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: BMWM3Man
It’s an auction site for salvage or junk cars. They basically take some pics and it’s pretty hard to get more info unless you go see the car prior to auction. The car is far from me so I can’t go see it.
It might be and it might not. If OP is thinking of “buying” then you don’t typically have that option. All teslas as far as I know that are totaled in the US will be in Copart or iaai. Both those sites allow inspections for a fee or one can create an account and go view the vehicle at the lot.

It might be and it might not. If OP is thinking of “buying” then you don’t typically have that option. All teslas as far as I know that are totaled in the US will be in Copart or iaai. Both those sites allow inspections for a fee or one can create an account and go view the vehicle at the lot.

Oh Britney buy it for him! Also loving the photos you've been posting lately on Instagram...ooolalaa

So I ended up purchasing the car and it was dead when I got it. Nothing tuned on. I hooked up another car battery using jumper wires and this was the message.

Electrical system is unable to support all features
Shutting down features to conserve energy

Along with some BMS VCFRONT AND HVP Vehicle may not restart.
The other 12v battery died and the car shut off again so I basically have an expensive paper wait… for now

Attachments

• EE3CB272-CAD2-4961-A855-CC0517249524.jpeg
    EE3CB272-CAD2-4961-A855-CC0517249524.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 99
Most likely, the car is shutting off because the main battery is drained so it can’t keep the 12v battery charged.

I’d spend the $100 and replace the 12v battery, then charge the car.

Unless you’ve tried that and it won’t charge…
I’ve been reading around and the bms and vcfront seem to be associated with a drive motor issue. Which sounds very expensive.

I started taking the battery module apart to see if I can find anything wrong.