Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone make out this warning message [salvage vehicle]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ended up purchasing the car and it was dead when I got it. Nothing tuned on. I hooked up another car battery using jumper wires and this was the message.

Along with some BMS VCFRONT AND HVP Vehicle may not restart.
The other 12v battery died and the car shut off again so I basically have an expensive paper wait… for now
I have had this error/warning pop up a couple of times after driving the car hard and when in track mode a couple of times. I have to take it to the SC to get it checked out.

I’ve been reading around and the bms and vcfront seem to be associated with a drive motor issue. Which sounds very expensive.

I started taking the battery module apart to see if I can find anything wrong.

Gotcha. Still curious if it charged prior to the disassembly. I’d hate to go through all that work just to find out it was an empty HV battery issue.

I spent three hours once working on an old washing machine and it turned out that the extension cord I was using was bad lol.

Gotcha. Still curious if it charged prior to the disassembly. I’d hate to go through all that work just to find out it was an empty HV battery issue.

I spent three hours once working on an old washing machine and it turned out that the extension cord I was using was bad lol.
It did not charge when I got the car. I have a wall charger and when I hooked it up there was a red tesla light and wouldn’t charge. Then the wall charger had a blue light.

Reactions: XPsionic
I have had this error/warning pop up a couple of times after driving the car hard and when in track mode a couple of times. I have to take it to the SC to get it checked out.
If the car wasn’t in an accident or something it might be a drive unit issue from what I've read. Definitely get it checked out and hopefully you’re under warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: santua
So I disconnected the high volt battery and I didn’t hear the clunk of the contractors so I have a feeling the main fuse blew which explains the no charging of the 12v and the red tesla icon at the charge port and blue light on wall charger (3rd gen)

I thought I’d share how I took the high voltage battery cover off for entertainment purposes.
*Warning: Don’t do this if your not comfortable handling high voltage battery. You could set you car on fire probably idk

So first you have to take off the rear seat. There are two plastic clips under the seat you flip to pull the seat up. Then un hook the seat sensor wires.
This is what the battery looks like and we are removing the silver cover in the back.

You’ll need a 15mm socket a 13mm Socket a torx socket and this special 10EP pentalope socket. I looked it up on Amazon and other online places but it was going to take too long to get and kinda expensive for a socket or a set.

So I just used a Gator Grip socket from Home Depot and it worked like a charm. You can use it for the torx and special 10EP. Note 10E is a six point torx and 10EP is a 5 point.

5 Lobe Socket

Battery Module System without cover

Maine fuse pyro fuse PN 1064689-00
It’s the Black Box in the top center of the picture.

I took it off and checked for continuity and nothing. It also rattled which was not a good sign.

I’m going to try and repair the fuse or bypass it. Bypassing or repairing is not a good idea so don’t do it.

May be a HV battery issue. I would stay away. If it’s been in a bad accident, the pyro fuse would have blown, that’s maybe why.
I ended up repairing/bypassing the fuse and everything is good. Car runs and charges.

I’ll be buying a new fuse that has the explosive cap. I basically brazed the fuse back together and left the exploded cap as is.

Attachments

• 2B6F721F-99AA-4E35-B6BB-C05C553C4D84.jpeg
    2B6F721F-99AA-4E35-B6BB-C05C553C4D84.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 92