Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone Recommend Rim Protectors for S/X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for rim protectors that dont fly off at highway speeds. I have read so many bad reviews, does anyone have any experience with Evannex's slution or have another suggestion?

I have used the EVannex product with great satisfaction. Just be certain to clean the edges of the rims as instructed to get good adhesion. I've done a SF to LA round trip and lots of freeway trips more locally, with no problem. They paid for themselves the first week, as I began to develop my sense of the car's geometry and learned how to use the white guide lines that appear on the rear-view camera image when in reverse. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

I have Rim Savers on my car and they look and perform great! They're silver so you have to look closely to see them.
IMG_4438.JPG
IMG_4439.JPG

Reactions: _sl_ and JPUConn
Another reco for Alloy Gators. They stick out far enough that they will save the blade part of the wheel as they stick out beyond the rim. I looked at rim savers as they look a lot better but it looked ot me like if you rubbed a curb you would scrape the blade part of the wheel. We have "tested" ours numerous times and no damage to any part of the wheel.

If you want a rim protector to actually protect your rims, then Alloygators is the way to go. Mine took a real beating but did save the rims. This occurred mainly during my early days with the car when I was still not judging curbs accurately. Eventually they were looking so tatty that I removed them, but since I am now familiar with the car, I opted to change to Evannex's product. These are a little more decorative, a heck of a lot easier to install, but I suspect will not give much real protection. I think that one scrape and they will be erased off the rim. Nevertheless, I think they look good and add some pizazz, so will put them on again when they finally get damaged, probably when I change tires.

Thanks for all the feedback. I am having a real issue even buying Alloygators..haha. Any suggestions for us in the US?
Just mail order direct from the UK. That's what I did. Easy and efficient.

However I've stopped using them and no longer recommend them. One of them came loose and started thrashing the paint on the fender, the others started looking like they might give up too. I just try hard to park more carefully. Lines in the backup camera help a lot.

Just mail order direct from the UK. That's what I did. Easy and efficient.

However I've stopped using them and no longer recommend them. One of them came loose and started thrashing the paint on the fender, the others started looking like they might give up too. I just try hard to park more carefully. Lines in the backup camera help a lot.

Thanks all, tons of great advice. I really appreciate it.

Regardless of which product you choose, the end result is based upon how well you clean the surface of all debris and contaminants as well as prepping each wheel for the ones that require adhesive to adhere. I've had no issues so far and pressurewash my wheels once or twice a week.

Regardless of which product you choose, the end result is based upon how well you clean the surface of all debris and contaminants as well as prepping each wheel for the ones that require adhesive to adhere. I've had no issues so far and pressurewash my wheels once or twice a week.

im the same i have heard of one coming off the bead and doing damage, but was more than likley not fitted correctly in the first place or had impact damage and came appart i have tried and its very hard to get them off with the tyres inflated.

Reactions: Reekdog