Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone suggest me good body shop in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Saii

Mar 20, 2021
Edison
Hello Guys,
Two days back I met with an accident a BMW X5 rammed into my Tesla behind the drivers door at 50 mphs.
None of the cameras have disturbed physically but doors got crushed and car is still with towing center waiting for insurance process.
Can anyone Help me with good body shop .. I am worried because car has so many sensors .. what are my options here
Please take a look at this picture and help me with suggestions

Thanks,
Sai

Attachments

• 5484B4C4-E325-4441-9126-13FC70C8DC50.jpeg
    5484B4C4-E325-4441-9126-13FC70C8DC50.jpeg
    869.7 KB · Views: 84
Collision Restoration in Fairfield is amazing. They do exceptional work.
I’ve heard good things about Peotters too, but don’t have personal experience with them like I do CR.
Thank you @dmurphy. I hope they repair major damages. What would you think by seeing the picture just a wild guess . Is it worth to get repair ? I mean does it show any long term effects in terms of performance

Thank you @dmurphy. I hope they repair major damages. What would you think by seeing the picture just a wild guess . Is it worth to get repair ? I mean does it show any long term effects in terms of performance

Unfortunately, the decision whether to repair or total the car is really up to the insurance company. If it’s repairable (and I suspect it is) - they’ll do an amazing job with it. Really wonderful folks, too. Won’t have any long term issues - most of that damage is sheet metal and not mechanical from what it looks like, but again, let the experts look at it.

Not in NJ but an alternative that is close enough... Gotham City Collision in Queens NY (2 locations) - Tesla certified, works on dozens of Model 3s, Ys, Xs, Ss a month and is second to none in Tri-State area. All insurances accepted, they can work with them directly or through you, or work with Service Centers. Your choice.

Scroll through some of their recent work.

Damage looks extensive. Sorry to see.
If its not totalled, both doors will be replaced, rear quarter panel cut out and replaced, rewelded in place. Rocker panel inspected for structural damage to battery, most of the back of the car will be taken apart. Sensors are no issue. Left side where the charge port is - is a bigger issue. Lots of work there.

Ok, I was going to post this as a separate thread but I HIGHLY recommend Park Auto body in Elmwood Park. They have Tesla experience, do quality work, and do it affordably. I had a nice big dent in my Model Y that they took out for $950. A place in Totowa recommended by Tesla wanted over $3,000. I also had them do my front and rear bumpers on my Model S plus pull out a dent and repaint a door AND do the hatch for $2950, that’s almost half the car. The only way you can tell the paint isn’t original is that the area they did flowed better and there is less orange peel. It’s real good work and I had them do a bunch of work on my Model S too. Given their prices, I can’t even see getting a clear bra since it would cost more than repainting the bumper. I’ve had crappy quality work before, and this is good work, better than what the BMW dealer shops in the areas do.

My detailer and ceramic coating guy (Felix at Always Clean in Fairlawn) recommended them as well as the body shop in Queens. Why not give them both a try.

Thanks for providing some insight @Catbiscuits , @Perscitus , @Nelson. Currently my car is under review process. progressive told they will let me know the decision by friday. As the driver and passenger air bags deployed i am now worried to make it repaired . Does it really a big thing to repair and reinstall airbags. some people are saying airbag reinstallation is a not as good as factory made and its better to be totaled. is there any way i can request with insurance to be totaled ? as this is just 3 months old car.