TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can anyone with a RWD Model 3 confirm if it so has a faster than listed 0-60 performance?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Big1matt, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Big1matt

Big1matt Member

With more AWD and P3D performance numbers hopefully coming in soon, and everyone hoping they are higher than quoted numbers, I remember hearing RWD acceleration numbers were cut back couple months ago. I'm ordering soon and finally decided on getting RWD for increased efficiency. So just curious if the acceleration numbers for those currently with RWD, are still running faster than 5.1 0-60 times?

2. pkodali

pkodali Member

Just wanted to let you know that if increased efficiency is that main reason why you are going with RWD, the difference is probably marginal at best and would be a lot less noticed than the increased acceleration of the AWD variants

• Informative x 1
  3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

B46DEEE8-4500-4BD6-AA38-FCB70B2CDA83.png
    I saw a couple on dragy bear spot on with factory numbers ...this is best I have seen but he’s going slightly down hill

• Informative x 1
  4. Stuberman

Stuberman Member

I had the opportunity to drive a neighbor's RWD Model 3. While I can't verify any numbers, this car is pretty damn quick, probably quicker than 90% of the cars on the road. I did sense, though, that it is not as quick as my AWD Model S. But, rather than obsess just order your car and then sit back and enjoy once it arrives.

• Like x 1
  5. SteveTack

SteveTack Member

Haha, good one.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
  6. TurnFast

TurnFast Member

Lol if they would hurry up and take my money and assign me a Vin I would stop obsessing. Until that happens I have the option to change to a PAWD, and so the obsessing will continue.

7. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Get the P ....:eek:;)

8. robski

robski Member

What's to say they won't +/- acceleration in the future? Best to go with stated time when making your purchasing decision.

9. TexasTeslaRacing

I can confirm my best 0-60 in the RWD was 4.68 at 94% SOC. That includes the 1ft rollout from Vbox. Actual 0-60 was 4.8ish I believe.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. mcbarnet007

mcbarnet007 Member

was this done recently with the latest firmware? There is a rumor floating that the newest firmware is nerfing the RWD to make 3D and P3D look better.

11. TexasTeslaRacing

Was done back in March a few firmware versions ago. I will test again this weekend.

• Like x 1
  12. gilscales

gilscales Member

#12 gilscales, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    52004162-D47E-4240-826D-34E450518171.png This is the best I could get in my rwd with 86% soc and 19” sport wheels, 9 attempts to get under 5.3, I am on 26.1 firmware, remember that dragy does not use roll out like vbox or all the magazines do so deduct approx .3 sec to get to about 4.9 for my run with roll out

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  13. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Please Insert a Model 3 into Avatar

From what I know its just a rumor and there was no actual changes in performance. You'd need real test data to prove it and I haven't seen anyone bring it out. Whatever the RWD performance of the Model 3 was at release is likely what is right now in terms of 0-60, its just we are starting to understand the finer details more.

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Professional F5 Presser

What's the best method for getting best launch in a Tesla Model S. Hold brake or not? Traction control on or off? I have a RWD Model S that I have seen get 5.1s, but best I can get is a 5.43 on Dragy.

15. gilscales

gilscales Member

Could also be vbox vs dragy as vbox uses roll out making it about .3 sec faster

16. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Traction control shouldnt matter as much as kicks back in regardless over 30mph ..

I would ;
    -tires around 40psi
    -creep off
    -SOC greater than 90
    -warm battery

Stay safe out there !

• Like x 1
  17. GuyDude

GuyDude Member

I would be ok sacrificing range for an optional software update that makes the LR RWD a bit faster.... my only complaint is it’s a tad bit too slow :-/

• Like x 2
  18. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Hold foot high above pedal - then slam down hard.

• Funny x 1
  19. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Yes, actually - the quicker you get that pedal to the floor - the 'faster' it gets up to speed.

• Like x 1
  20. TexasTeslaRacing

It takes 243ft for the LR RWD 3 to get up to 60mph. For comparison, the P100D does it in less than 120ft. It’s a rocket ship from the future.

• Love x 2