Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone with a RWD Model 3 confirm if it so has a faster than listed 0-60 performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With more AWD and P3D performance numbers hopefully coming in soon, and everyone hoping they are higher than quoted numbers, I remember hearing RWD acceleration numbers were cut back couple months ago. I'm ordering soon and finally decided on getting RWD for increased efficiency. So just curious if the acceleration numbers for those currently with RWD, are still running faster than 5.1 0-60 times?

With more AWD and P3D performance numbers hopefully coming in soon, and everyone hoping they are higher than quoted numbers, I remember hearing RWD acceleration numbers were cut back couple months ago. I'm ordering soon and finally decided on getting RWD for increased efficiency. So just curious if the acceleration numbers for those currently with RWD, are still running faster than 5.1 0-60 times?
Just wanted to let you know that if increased efficiency is that main reason why you are going with RWD, the difference is probably marginal at best and would be a lot less noticed than the increased acceleration of the AWD variants

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
B46DEEE8-4500-4BD6-AA38-FCB70B2CDA83.png
So just curious if the acceleration numbers for those currently with RWD, are still running faster than 5.1 0-60 times?

I saw a couple on dragy bear spot on with factory numbers ...this is best I have seen but he’s going slightly down hill

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I had the opportunity to drive a neighbor's RWD Model 3. While I can't verify any numbers, this car is pretty damn quick, probably quicker than 90% of the cars on the road. I did sense, though, that it is not as quick as my AWD Model S. But, rather than obsess just order your car and then sit back and enjoy once it arrives.

Reactions: P85_DA
52004162-D47E-4240-826D-34E450518171.png
This is the best I could get in my rwd with 86% soc and 19” sport wheels, 9 attempts to get under 5.3, I am on 26.1 firmware, remember that dragy does not use roll out like vbox or all the magazines do so deduct approx .3 sec to get to about 4.9 for my run with roll out

Last edited:
From what I know its just a rumor and there was no actual changes in performance. You'd need real test data to prove it and I haven't seen anyone bring it out. Whatever the RWD performance of the Model 3 was at release is likely what is right now in terms of 0-60, its just we are starting to understand the finer details more.

What's the best method for getting best launch in a Tesla Model S. Hold brake or not? Traction control on or off? I have a RWD Model S that I have seen get 5.1s, but best I can get is a 5.43 on Dragy.

Traction control shouldnt matter as much as kicks back in regardless over 30mph ..

I would ;
-tires around 40psi
-creep off
-SOC greater than 90
-warm battery

Stay safe out there !

Reactions: Mayhem
View attachment 322764 This is the best I could get in my rwd with 86% soc and 19” sport wheels, 9 attempts to get under 5.3, I am on 26.1 firmware, remember that dragy does not use roll out like vbox or all the magazines do so deduct approx .3 sec to get to about 4.9 for my run with roll out

It takes 243ft for the LR RWD 3 to get up to 60mph. For comparison, the P100D does it in less than 120ft. It’s a rocket ship from the future.

• Love
Reactions: Sg911 and P85_DA